Is it wrong to like someone because they like you?

There's a boy who told me he had a crush on me. It wasn't completely random; I kind of had a feeling and we'd been talking before. But I never liked him that way; in fact I had a crush on his best friend and my best friend had a crush on him. I still didn't have a crush on him when he told me he liked me, I just reacted nicely and said "oh well we've never really even talked much we should talk." And since then, I think I've been falling for him. He's called me beautiful, smart, funny, kind and stunning. He asks me if in okay and gets soooo worried about me over nothing. He texted me asking if I had a jacket when I went on vacation because he checked the weather forecast and it was cold. He constantly compliments me. I know I don't COMPLETELY only like him because he likes me; there has been other guys (not to brag lol I'm just saying as an example) that like me and I didn't start liking them. I'm not hungry for attention. I just feel guilty because I didn't like him first. On the other hand, I guess I fell for his friends looks but HIS personality, which is even better. I guess I just never expected it to happen this way. I always imagined seeing down one and falling in love with them, then meeting them and falling even more. Now it's I see him and think nothing, then meet him and begin falling. Is this good or bad? What are your thoughts? Thanks!!

What Guys Said 1

• if you feel that if you gonna get in a relationship with this guy who you dont have a crush on but beginning to fall in love with that your gonna be happy after being in a relationship with him then go for him, but if you think your feelings towards him are just for a time and it will end in the future then dont go for him because you'll end up hurting his feelings. and its not even close to wrong if you like someone because they like you

What Girls Said 1

• yes it is. unless you develop those feelings for him eventually, then it's wrong. you're leading him on, and you can't force yourself to feel the same way he does. sometimes you almost wish you could like him because he likes you, but it just isn't honest, nor is it true emotion.