Why guys are so picky on height?

im a 15 year old girl and am 6 foot, I know I'm tall. But all the guys at my school are about 4 foot and so I get told I'm so tall and am a measuring tape for the guys. But every time I ask guys how come no
one goes for me they tell me it's cause I'm to tall. What am I meant to do as I can't shrink

Most Helpful Guy

• You are going to have to learn how to deal with your height in dating. Every other woman your height has had the same problem.

The first thing to understand is that you are intimidating to guys, over half of which are shorter than you are. They will presume you would not date them, and guys have this ego thing.

How you overcome that is to be sweet and kind and try to let the guy know that you don't care about the height difference. Not all guys will accept that, but many will. When a guy says, "You are too tall", what you say is, "I know, but there is nothing I can do about that. It is not my fault. I kinda like you, can you give it a chance? I will."

I have a friend whose wife of 20 years is taller than he is, and they are quite happy because they see each other for who they are, not how tall they are. The right guy will see you for who you are, regardless of your height.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 33

• The majority of the time, it's the girls who tend to be more picky about height.
    Either way... you just need to be patient soon those guys will grow up and some of their tastes will change as well.

• generally its quite the opposite but also, another generally, guys usually don't go for girls that are taller than they are. generally

• u are probably intimidating most of them, u gotta find someone who finds it hot or does not care or yada yada, but basically there are people that will accept ur height fine regardless of their height if u are fine with their height.

now u are a bit young, but just so u know, as u may not, bodies dont always line up propperly... during sex. ur size may quickly affect who u like, and while this won't affect younger guys, some older guys will have preferences over this as another factor to height, assume some girls do too. but u will find someone who likes u as u are, dont worry about it. also, i forgot when, but u might be at the age when guys are midgets still? have they had their next growth spurt yet? god i hated that all the dam chicks were like a dam foot taller than me...

• It's the othet way around.. I'm like 5'4 and I always get turned down because of my height.. it sucks.

• Be happy maybe you can try to model and make yourself some money. Why not play basketball for your school and lets see how good you can get

• Guys? What. I have only ever seen women picky on height and never guys.

• Guys aren't as picky about height as girls are but being 6ft tall as a girl is definitely a disadvantage. Still its much worse to be a guy who is 5'6 or shorter.

• And short guys can't just grow up either.
    Height sucks, you just have to wait and find somebody who accept yours.

• It's a culturally enforced thing, people eventually care less once they are out of high school.

People will assume you aren't interested in males shorter than you, though

• That's just some guys preference. They probably want to feel bigger than you. There are guys that prefer tall women too.

• most guys don't want the girl to be taller. be the same goes for girls... most want the guy to be taller.

I'm 6'5" myself so 6' would be fine for me

• How can all guys at your school be about 4 foot? That's really short. And 6 foot is really tall for a girl. Not that it's a bad thing. I'm sure there are many guys taller than you. Why don't you go for them?

• You're a tall girl because you're special. So you have to give it time until you meet the special guy. Speaking for myself but I would easily date a girl taller than me if I found her attractive.

• i can't think of any reason a guy should have a problem with tall girls. i for one like tall women long skinny legs are great...
    but they are kids and that may be just that they dont want to be different than everyone else or be made fun of.
    dont worry they will grow up and get over it sooner or later.

my 16 year old daughter says that short girls aren't much better she says most the guys call her a midget.

• Cause you're still a teen and teenage boys are insecure af. They're scared that other kids will make fun of him if he dated a girl taller than him. It'll get better when you get into college.

I'm short af and dated a 5'10" girl before.

• You find a tall guy, get married, make kids that end up being even taller that you and pass the problem to them.

• two reasons: sex and guys want to always be taller.

• I'm not picky on height. I do find it strange if a woman is taller than me, because most of my life I've been taller than them. But that doesn't mean I wouldn't date a woman who is taller than me.

• if you're hot your height won't matter to taller guys , iam pretty sure you can find a 6+ ft tall guys

• There will be a guy who likes you because you're tall but there's some females who don't like short guys either so it's not only guys. But don't worry right now guys are insecure by their height

• You have to accept yourself for who you are and not worry about something you can't control.

• In a couple of years, those shrimpy guys are going to be your height or higher and will be asking you out. You just grew early

• You'll be *deluged* with dates soon. Don't worry about it.

• Why are you a catfish or troll?

• Usually guys aren't picky about that. I'm only five foot four and i really dig petite girls, but I've also had girlfriends around six feet tall.

• Your genes fucked you. Prepare for a lonely and splotchy romantic... thing.

• Hey. You're perfectly fine. If there's no such height like 6 then from where I'll find my girl as I am being 6'4"

• I was under the impression that most woman don't go for shorter guys so I never really bothered. I'm 6ft 1in but I never dated taller then me.

• It's personal preference.

• Just give it a few years. The problem is you get your growth spurt before the guys do. By 17 or so a fair number of guys will be taller than you. Some of them will still like petite girls, some of them will love the long legs on a tall girl. So you can't get every guy, but you'll be some guys first choice.

At 15 you would have been about 6" taller than me, by 17, i'd have 3" height on you.

• More from Guys
    3

What Girls Said 20

• ... girl, it's probably an age thing. Just give them some time to mature a bit more.
    I'm 5'10 so not that far behind you in terms of being tall and I've never heard guys make any negative comments about my height. If anything, now I hear guys saying they love my height and the long-legs that comes with it.

Just embrace what you've got! The boys will come around.

• To be fair I'm seeing a lot of women at all stages of life refusing to date guys below a certain height.

• @MyMintFrappe
      Interesting... I've never heard of that happening. I've never done it myself either. My boyfriend is shorter than me but the only people who seem to have issue with it for whatever reason are those not in the relationship.

• I don't know I just feel werid... if he shorter than me... It would be something I have to get used too (:

• Most guys get insecure over tall girls height because men are know to be tall, strong.. the protector... but let's be honest here.. you probably can beat most of those guys asses. Lol
    You're lucky to be tall because I personally wish I was tall. You could be a model or a basketball player. Dresses look good on tall women, etc.
    As you get further in highschool, those complaining boys will finally hit their growth spurt.. and then they'll be all over you.. They won't be jealous of you anymore and they'll want to make u their girl. Just for now, put your focus in your studies and get into a good college because college boys are beautiful

• I say wait - until they all grow up. You'll have someone to choose from. =)
    And some shorter guys love tall women too - not only tall guys go for tall girls.

• You're so young and guys will get taller!!! Yes it'll be harder cause they usually like to be taller than the girl, but don't worry, some don't care and some will definitely be taller than you

• It's not just guys. Women are often more vocal about being picky with height.

• In my exxperience a lot of guys dont get taller until they're about 17 or 18 years old, just wait it out!

• Well your young, when you get older you can fine someone that's taller than you, trust me. Don't stress about it hun ♡

• I'm about 6ft as well. Highschool sucks. Once you're an adult and you start dating men it gets a lot easier. My height has never been a problem and is sometimes a plus

• Cos your longer than them.. They are afraid you squashing them to flat bugs

• Wait until they get taller or date guys older, it's obviously awkward for them, you can't really change that

• They're all 4 feet? Are you a giant that attends a school made for dwarfs?

• Wait until you are older and the guys catch up. You will be fine in the long run.

• It's because they're retarded ignore them

• You can't really do anything. Life sucks.

• Just wait for them to grow taller. You're still young!

• My best friend is about the same height as you, when we go out she gets loads of attention and i mean LOADS, do not worry your time will come !

• lol i know how you feel. dudes at my school are midgets too, but dont worry when ur 18 a lot of guys will be knocking on your door!

• What is 6 foot? is it 6 inches i mean 182 cm

• Guys can be very self concious when it comes to height. You might see a lot of guys on this site complain about being short. So immature guys like that don't want to date tall girls because it makes them feel insecure. Hopefully that will change once you're out of high school and the boys start to mature a bit.

• Lmao.. I'm sooo self concious about my height. 😂 I refuse to put it in my bio for dating apps, not that I get anywhere with it tho

• @Alexious There are a lot of other girls who feel the same way as me. Of course there's always going to be some people who are picky, but shorter girls like me usually don't care about your height as long as YOU aren't complaining about it. Then you have guys like @typber1 who complain that women are too picky about height, and claims to not be "picky" but then says excessive shortness is not a good trait... how can you complain that women judge you for your height too much when you do the same thing? Pro tip: women don't like hypocrites like you.

• I'm not a hypocrite. I'm not picky about height. I'm just saying objectively it's a bad trait. Stop trying to pretend I'm saying anything more than that. I'm not going to turn down a great woman because she's too short.