Struggling with my sexuality? Help?

I've always liked boys for as long as I can remember but I was a late bloomer. I only started looking at them in a 'love' sense when I was around 14 (late bloomer for most girls) however I've never had a boufriend, nor have I ever had the confidence to approach boys and the only boys that have ever shown interest in me I have rejected because they were never my type. Anyway I'm 18 now and a lot is going on. I'm meeting new people and seeing new things, I'm going out more and experiencing life. But what I've noticed is that whilst all my friends are getting attention from boys I'm being ignored and treated as if I don't even exist? It's depressing and it upsets me that my friends all come to ME. for boy advice. When will I ever go to MY friends for advice? Never. Because boys aren't interested in me. I feel like I need to stop looking in the direction of boys because they're not ever going to approach me. I know people will say I'm young and all of that but it's not the point, I'm tired of waiting and being depressed and sad. One my lesbian girl friends I have gotten quite attracted to probably over the last 3 months and i have strong feelings. I don't know whether I'm using her to block out boys or whether I genuinely like her, but the things she does like play fight and help me out and hold doors open for me just really make me like her and I don't know what to do. I just don't understand what's going on in my head and who I am. I don't wanna say I'm not gay because if it turns around that there could've been something between the two of us I'll kick myself, but at the same time I just don't know what to do about boys even though I'm not finding myself even looking at boys anymore. I hope this made sense and I'm sorry it's long but I'm struggling bad.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think you are right that are being being tempted by your female friend because things aren't going well with the boys. But in reality, who cares who you decide to date? How do you know what black is until you have seen white? I say you at least need to try it before you say it isn't right for you.

• Thanks, I agree with you. I'm young so I'm gonna try things out and see how it goes

Most Helpful Girl

• Be honest with your chick friend that your not sure if your into her or not. I'm sure she would be understanding and might say she doesn't mind helping you figure it out. So just be honest with you friend.

What Guys Said 7

• You're still young so you might as well give it a shot with your friend so you'll know for sure if you are genuinely attracted to girls or not

• Well I'm not gay and I had girls asking me for advice on guys all the time in high school... then again I've been approached by girls twice in my life... and been turned down at least 5 times myself. Haven't made a move on a girl in at least 10 years. I've just been waiting for the girl that catches my attention. She doesn't have to be gorgeous... just different. I digress... you might just be waiting for the right guy, or girl... I'm not going to tell you to go for it... your sexuality is your decision. I can't make it for you, good luck either way.

• Maybe you're bisexual if you think you like her try it out. You never know. And don't be so worried about boys shit I liked girls my entire life but no girl ever took interest in me until I was like 16 or 17 years old. I didn't feel too bad I couldn't find a girl I was happy with myself. I had a family and great friends. Son guys like girls with appearance and some like girls because of personality so if you don't try mixing it up and conversing with people see what you have in common , what you don't. What are your interests shit like that.

• If you want a guy, select one, go up to him and ask him for a date. Any man who is not gay will more than willing to date you if you ask. Don't wait for the guys to make the first move...

• In the beginning if it's a yes then go for it. in your case it's a no so no your not gay and you're leading yourself thinking you want to be gay. Do what your heart feels ant not what your v-jay-jay says.

• You should see how things go with her. Experimentation is the door to discovery.

• Dear, why don't you just let your emotion flow in full freedom. It'll take you to where you belong.

What Girls Said 1