Do you think female professional fighters, have a hard time dating?

There's a female professional fighter on Dancing with the Stars this year named Paige van Zant and they were showing clips of her fighting and stuff. Then I started to wonder if being a fighter makes dating hard for her. Dating is hard for everyone but there's certain things that make dating even harder for certain people, so I just wonder if a female professional fighters are one of those people. What do you think?

Do you think female fighters have a hard time with dating? Guys, how would you feel about dating a woman who was a fighter?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm sure they struggle because of the amount of time they have to put into training and MMA fighters seem to travel a lot to different places to train. Other than that I don't think it makes a difference. Many men might find it intimidating but plenty more won't give a shit, and they tend to date male fighters anyway. I'm not sure I'd date a fighter because she'd be so busy, but I don't find it unattractive at all. They're in shape and they can defend themselves if they need to, strength is always a positive.

Most Helpful Girl

• i doubt it, they're hot as hell and i'm sure they attract guys.

What Guys Said 15

• Yes, I would say that's true. Men can get intimidated thinking about dating a professional female fighter.

• Usually her profession doesn't influence my attraction towards her. Fighting is an exception.

It's dirty, grimey, and savage. That's not how I want to describe the mother of my children.

• I think some of them do, not just because of the intimidation factor, but because of the time commitment it takes to be a pro fighter!

• Questions a bit specific. I think anybody, man or woman, breaking over gender lines will find it very hard to date. A girl with lots of tattoos who works on cars for instance or a male ballerina. I find women who fight as a real turn off. I hate seeing women fight. It's meant for us, not women. Like it or loath it there's things men shouldn't be doing and things women shouldn't be doing and if they do it they'll alienate tbemselves

• Probably most of them end up dating other mma fighters though. Like ronda rousey and Travis Browne or Meisha Tate and Bryan Caraway

• I think it's attractive but I would worry about her often. There's one girl in my martial arts class who is super cute and she could probably whoop my ass in a real fight.

Most men want to feel in control of "their" girl physically. Being a fighter would be intimidating to most.

• I suppose it's possible. However, if Laila Ali wasn't married, I'd consider marrying her. Granted, I'd be a little careful picking (verbal/physical) fights with her. But I still find her attractive.

• They'll just date a male fighter obviously.

• Nah, I don't think so.

• Not if they're attractive. Guys can overlook a lot for a pretty woman.

• It just doesn't appeal to me. Makes them seem to manly.

• Well if they are like Rhonda Rousey and beat the life out of their partners because they know they can get away with domestic abuse... I would say yes. Males don't want to be with women who know and have a history of beating the shit out of men.
    Other female athletes would be the same. Hope solo for example.

• Since I do a considerable amount of martial arts myself I'll happily point out that near all the girls I've ever trained with have either had or easily found partners. Most commonly other people doing martial arts.

If anything I think it might be easier. They're in a highly male populated hobby and the girls in question normally have very attractive bodies.
    Now if they wanted a guy who wasn't at all affiliated with the same fighting scene it would be trickier but I can't see this intimidating many men. So yes, if you wrestle her in bed then every once or twice she might actually end up on top. Maybe more often than not if she actually tries to win.

Last I checked most of us guys like having the girl on top every now and then. Its lovely eye candy!

• No. From what i've seen, female fighters mainly date male fighters, who are bigger and tougher than they are. Women are wildly outnumbered in most combat gyms, so they have lots of dating opportunities.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 1

• no there are lots of men out there that would think its hot