How long should I wait to get sexual with a guy I just met?

So I'm always tempted to sleep with guys like on the 2-3rd date. Is that bad? I mean I like sex and if were making out and we can have sex I'll have sex. But I feel like if guys don't take me as a girlfriend material after I do this, more like a friends with benefits material, they never ask me to be theirs. Is it because I slept with them to soon? I'm talking to this new guy and we are about to go on our 2nd date , should I make him wait a while to have sex with him,? But also what if I make him wait too long and he leaves? :(

• second date is fine
  • wait until we are exclusive boyfriend /gf
  • wait at least 1 month
  • wait 6 months
  • 4th date
  • whenever I feel comfortable and the setting is right

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd suggest B, but that can be fast. Maybe stick to just fooling around till then, and don't act like you're using it as bait, just be like 'yeah i'm not comfortable having sex unless we're monogamous, and there's some emotional side. doesn't mean the relationship is necessarily deep if we're a new couple, but it means you know, we're dating each other and giving it a shot'

Most Helpful Girl

• Its actually impossible to answer this question because you haven't told us what you wanted. For anything to work both of you have to want the same thing.

If you want a serious relationship, he must want the same. If you want something serious and he wants to just sleep with you but you also want to sleep with him then you will be hurt because you are not getting that relationship.

If you only want sex and he wants a relationship then this also won't work.

So, you need to know what you want and find out what he wants. You can usually tell what a guy wants based on how he treats you. Guys that want a serious relationship will not push to get sex even if they want it badly. They will want to be with you, go out with you be seen with you. A guy who only wants sex will try to hide you and will usually only want you to come to his house or vise versa. He will have no interest in you as a person and he will push for sex, if not at the beginning very soon after you meet. Be cautious of guys who pretend to want what you do in order to get what they want.

What Guys Said 15

• I would lose interest if I felt like she normally sleeps with other guys by the third date but only plays hard to get with me.

• Like 15-30 minutes probably

• I would wait at least a month or so. If he can't hold out until then, he is in it for one reason only.

• Have sex when you comfortable or doing so.
    Some guys may feel that you're not girlfriend material after having sex on the 2nd or 3rd date yet they still did the deed with you...
    Other guys would feel good that you're already comfortable enough with them to indulge in bumping dirtys.

• was going to say im not answering that but then u had the last answer ;) its up to u, when ever the two of u think u know each other well enough and both want to do that. its a really simple concept that way to many people blow out of the water.

• I'd wait until we got married before I get sexual with a girl I just met. Granted, I am flawed. So, it could be much sooner than that if she seduces me enough.

• If you want to fuck on the first date then go for it. No reason to artificially hold off on sex. Doing so shows how insecure you are about your sexuality.

• do as you seem fit.
    let the moment take you in whatever direction you both wanna take it.

if you'd like message me.. i may have a question or two for you

• This moght be biased of me. But I went for the 6 months. I just find sex to be something to to with someone i REALLY know.

Havong sex on a 3th date.. i wouldn't choose for that. Most relationships dont take that long if you do it that fast...

And having sex every 2th or 3th date?
    Sorry.. no offense.. but that seems a little slutty..
    (Again, this is my opinion, its your life. Do what you want to do with it)

• I voted 1 month, but honestly it probably depends on the person and how you connect. The same guys probably wouldn't have wanted a relationship had you not slept with them either, because they weren't looking for it in the first place.

• 3rd date is fine for having sex i think

• 5 mins

• It could be first or fifth. You should feel comfortable.

• make him wait a year

• On 2nd or 3rd date who initiates the making out? I'd love to make out and have sex on 2nd date but usually wait

What Girls Said 7

• You should get to know them abit first before jumping in the sack with them. If not, what if you contracted STDS?

• Honestly, whenever it feels right for you is the best way to go. Some people take sex super seriously while others do not.

• if you're serious with this guy then you do when he's your boyfriend. if not let him leave cause if he wants you to be his girlfriend he can wait.

• Wear a chastity belt and leave the key at home that will stop you worrying about it

• when you are comfortable

• Take your time. Don't let anyone pressure you. You will feel when your ready.

• 0|0