How many dates do most couples typically go on before making it an official relationship?

• 1-2 dates
  • 3-5 dates
  • 5-10 dates
  • 10-20 dates
  • 20+ dates

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't know. I picked my boyfriend up at 6 for our first date, and by 8:30 we decided we were official and we're going for the long haul.

That was 2011.

Most Helpful Guy

• I can't speak for most couples.

Let me tell you this story:
    I met my wife on eHarmony. We communicated online and via phone for a few weeks. Then we agreed to meet face to face at a local coffee shop at 9 am on a Saturday morning.

She arrived first. When I got there, I walked up to her and without saying a word, planted a kiss right on her lips. We have been an exclusive couple since then. In June we will have been married for 10 years.

So, to answer your question, for me it was less than one date.

What Girls Said 4

• It was at our second date when we decided to become a couple. So basically after one date... I don't know about others. We knew each other for about 1 1/2 years before our first date though 😏

• I think is depending each couple but ill need at leas 2 or 3 dates.

• Me and my boyfriend met online.. And talked for about 2 months , once we met , we decided to make it official . Lol

• Id say 5-10...

What Guys Said 10

• It really depends on many factors. There's no right answer for this question.

• If you guys don't know each other at all then starting going on dates then 5 plus.
    If you guys knew each other for a while then maybe 3-5

• 69💁🏻

• what i'm about to say is strange but the wife and i never offically went on a date before we were married. ii moved into a friends parents house so i could finish high school. i started seeing his sister and since we all hug out together we never actually went on a date. so if you look at it this way i was living with her before i was even seeing her. the living arrangements were more fu** up so dont ask it's to complicated to try to explain

• Really depends on the two people. If they are strangers at first it might take longer, but if this two friends or aquainted pe we are talking about, it might not even take a date to make it official.

• It depends upon the people whether they have known each other for a long time or are just getting to know one another there are just so many factors that can be at play when it comes to this so there is really no one answer for this.

• You are making the term 'relationship' more than it is. A relationship is simply two people relating to each other - doesn't even have to be romantic - friends relate - it's a friendly relationship. Business too, if you're a customer it's a business relationship.
    It starts when you start relating.

• 42 - which coincidentally is also the meaning of life

• 0 I'd believe. I am strongly under the impression that most couples do not actually date before ending up together.

• noooo