Girls, How to say I want to only be friends?

Completely my fault, I thought I would feel differently about this girl and now I'm at a point where I don't want to take things further.

I didn't mean to lead her on, I just didn't understand enough about myself and what I want until now. It's my fault that I've wasted her time, other than the good companionship. How to tell her all this? I want to tell the whole truth and that I'm glad she gave me a chance.

4

Most Helpful Girl

• Then you should tell her exactly that. Be honest with her and let her know that she is a great girl and it's nothing to do with her, you just want something different than what you two have.

• Can you address this (something I replied on another opinion): Last time I made it seem like something would happen next time we got together. And then after reflecting I realized the stuff.

So the dilemma is do I arrange to get together, and then tell her then. Or do I talk to her by text (on the phone even) in order to not get her to meet me somewhere just to have this conversation and then leave? See what I mean? Not only would arranging to meet get her hopes up and then be cut short by me telling her, text/phone is a shitty way for me to do it.

• It's good to know girls might over think about the small things too. This site is so good. I went from not knowing how to approach a girl for a date (not problems with confidence, just not knowing what to say) not too long ago, to dating, dancing, seeing what happens, having fun, learning/trying new things. Good times. Lmao quick story, an old friend/womanizer gave me a book on becoming a player and it was so sad and really changed my opinion of the guy. Girls ask guys was just what I needed.

• Oh we def over think almost everything as girls, lol. But I'm glad GAG has helped a lot! it's def helped me out a lot as well! Yeah, no girl likes a player. I'm glad it changed your opinion on him. I don't see why guys (and some girls) get enjoyment out of playing others.

What Girls Said 3

• You have her number right? Why not just text her this?

• I'm going to meet up with her near her place tomorrow to tell her.

• Definitely.

• Awesome :)

• Are you boyfriend and GF? Or have you just been flirting as friends? Are you friends?

• It mite make things awkward if ur NOT friends

• Dating, getting friendlier.

• So speaking of awkward. There is more. Last time I made it seem like something would happen next time we got together. And then after reflecting I realized the stuff.

At least I've learned. Zzz

• Honestly, just say what you said in the second paragraph. That you did not completely understand yourself and that she is a great girl, but you are just not feeling it. Honesty is always the best option. Just tell her how you feel.