Does the man always come back?

A lot of my friends say "men always come back". That's always been true for me. But what's your opinion?

• Yes, always
  • No, never

Most Helpful Guy

• Mmm. You're not really leaving me with much room for a middle ground, huh.

When you say "always" and "never", chances are you're wrong. It only takes one example to disprove that kind of generality.

Though, I do think that men will come back a lot more often than women will come back. I think this is due to ease of finding a partner. The woman probably already has 2 or 3 other guys she's looking at. The man might not have any. So, after awhile, he'll look back and go "Oh, my ex." Course that happens with women too, just not as often, in my opinion. If the guy has options, then no, he won't come back.

Most Helpful Girl

• Most of my exes and past lovers came back for me... and check up on me once in a while though I dont entertain them nor do I lead them on or anything they just randomly miss me and try talking to me but the only guy i've ever truly loved never did its been almost a year since we broke off haven't headd of him since then though he did randomly like a few of my comments on posts people tagged us in.. here in there on fb (I deleted/removed him from all my contacts friendslist etc.) And he drunk texted me on new years but that's about it... he wasn't sober so it doesn't count... ugh I miss that ginger

What Guys Said 19

• Depends on the situation, if what happened was a deal breaker then no. If it was a misunderstanding then given a little time yes most likely. Observe the no contact rule, give him space. Don't give him a guilt trip by saying you love him or miss him. If anything act cool. Most guys withdraw by being emotionally overwhelmed. Emotions are not easy for guys to deal with.

• No, not really... I've had girls I dated come back and I was colder than the Antarctic Circumpolar Current. I've never gone back to a girl I dated whom I broke up with... If you mean you had a fight/argument and he isn't talking to you right now, then yeah he'll probably come back and work things out one way or the other.

• It would depend on what happened but if the gal is worth it in my eyes I'll come back to her, regardless of who broke it off.

• it all depends on the person. can't paint an entire gender with a broad brush

it depends on the guy
    depends on the relationship

• yeah. we are boomerangs

• Not always, no. And I think you meant guys. A true man never leaves.

• You must have excellent pussy.

• They might be used to men coming back from their youth because those men were greedy for young pussy. But as time goes by its unlikely it will keep on happening. And even then those who came back were just coming bac for superficial reasons.

• Lol, well I'll tell you what. If 3 of my ex girlfriends thought that, they would still be waiting. So no, it's not true that they "always" comeback. But it might be common.

• If it was cheating, they will never come back.

• If I am rejected or broken up with... I don't ever go back. If you want me back, you have to come get me.

• Lol no
    Men will come back, others will move on

• Not with this guy... things end for a reason.

• It's not either or. If they want to get laid they may if they don't have other options.
    If they don't need or want you they won't.

• Some do. In my case, no. When something ends, it's over for good.

• I have too much pride to go back or even attempt to go back.

• Question is too open ended to answer.

• Ya afyer he fukd a bitch or 2

• Only if the pussy is good

What Girls Said 10

• that's not true. although it does depend on the guy, and what actually happened.

he'll more likely want come back if HE is the one who broke it off and it regretting it.
    other than that, not really. he'd have to crush his own ego... and most men wouldn't dream of doing that. i dont blame em.

• in my experience, half the time they do come back. but i feel like its not with good intentions though. since im the one who dumps them, why would they want to keep chasing me. i feel like they just can't find anyone better so they try to win me over again. never happens though. to me, ones its over, its over forever.

• No, he doesn't usually for me. I'm not exactly sure why. Most of the situations involve them leaving because they want to chase someone else.

I've only had a few guys come back and I do not take them back!

• It's happened a few times to me. Honestly though, why would I want him to come back? If we broke up there's a reason. I say leave the past where it is.

• Only for sex.

• Where's the in between option?

• Honestly, from my experience when a man says he is leaving he usually means he has lost all desire to continue any relationship with you. It's very rare that they come back, they may keep tabs on you but don't expect a phone call ever again or for them to answer their phone for you.

• Some men. Usually the ones that play around, enjoy their freedom then come back when they miss stability.

• Maybe, if they can't find someone else.

• Most of them leave you like a cold hearted bitch! Like my ex, one minute he loves me and next dumps me for his bed buddy and NEVER looked back... been 6 months!