Why do I feel more motivated when a MALE teacher is teaching me?

I'm a 23 year old female in college and I've realized that when my teacher is a guy I feel so much more motivated and determined to do well then if it was a woman teaching me.

I know it sounds a little sexisit but I just wanna know why I feel like is.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's hard to say. But male characteristics are associated with assertion, activity, being self assured, whereas female more questioning, subtle, nurture, openness to different ideas, more humility. It's possible that those male qualities are a complement to your feminine ones? No set of qualities are better than one another, and of course, we all have aspects of each to lesser and more degree, depending on our upbringing. They all have their strengths and shortfalls. But they simply go well together. Which is often why I enjoy female company so much more.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't know but when it comes to teaching id say they're pretty even on quality. maybe u just feel more comfortable with their style?

i can totally understand your view when it comes to doctors and nurses though. oh my god i cannot stand most females in that profession. bitchy AF.

• Ahaha, I have the same view on the doctors nurses thing

What Guys Said 10

• Probably just your personal preference or maybe the fact that he is a man makes you more motivated so that you'll work harder and he'll notice you.

• We tend to try to impress the opposite sex (if we are straight). Imagine how much harder you would study if the teacher would be absolute stunner but really strict and not letting girls to daydream during class.

31.media.tumblr.com/...mdjy47A8lI1rhc9uro1_500.gif

• You like the dominance. When I was teaching generally my brightest student was a guy, but I had masses of girls that were really involved and motivated to make me happy. They always wanted to talk to me, and for me to tell them what to do so they could do better for me... They'd tell me they loved my class, and I was their favorite teacher...

• I have no idea.

• Because you think with your pussy.

• Sex drive

• Hormones my dear hormones.

• Tricky to say. I've been a mentor for a long time and I find that I am significantly better mentoring girls than boys. Might have more to do with my approaches than the genders though.

Also, most importantly: Inspiring most girls is a very simple project. Inspiring men requires constant maintenance.

• Probably because your dad trained you to crave male aproval as a kid

• Its the gender factor...
    you'd make a good wife to some decent guy someday.

What Girls Said 8

• I'm like that too and I'd like to know why

• maybe he's nicer than your female teachers so you feel more motivated to work? I haven't experienced this effect but I'd say overall my male teachers were nicer to me then the female ones

• Its a flatline for me. could care less

• You probably work better with assertiveness and authority.

• 0|0
  • I had the same problem when I was a bit younger. I don't know why it is though

• I dont know , i prefer female teachers.

• Some male teachers are just more relaxed in class and tend to have a bit of fun which always makes the classes more enjoyable.