Is race something you'd consider before dating someone?

And no I don't mean the ethnicity, nor their culture, but their race. Race and culture can be mutually exclusive. Please do not confuse both. Many people seem do this.

• Yes.
  • No.

Most Helpful Girl

• Never has been an issue anddddddd it never will be an issue.

• If it isn't big sis, so when's the next prom?

• U over-estimate ME :|

• @takumii haha broooo ur back ๐Ÿ‘‹๐Ÿ’ฅ๐Ÿ‘ fuck do u mean? ๐Ÿ˜•

Most Helpful Guy

• not even a little.

if i like her then im dating her.

What Girls Said 20

• Obviously I consider it as it's pretty hard to not realize that someone I'm into has completely different features, skin colour, etc. than what's most common in my own race. Before I got with my (Asian) boyfriend, I was honestly more concerned with how surprised my friends would be versus having any issues with it myself. As expected, I did get a fair share of 'OH! ... your boyfriend is Asian? You should've told me!' but I learned to just let it slide. The worst was my own mom asking me if I'm not bothered that (potential) children with him would not be blonde haired/blue-eyed.

Reactions like that of others make it tougher but I personally never saw race as a straight up deterrent and being with him has made me much better at shrugging off the judgements of others which are probably inevitable anyway, whichever way you go.

• Not a bit. As a multi-ethnic person, I'm a melting pot, I love a little diversity, and I'm happy to date whoever as long as I'm treated well and the guy is a good person.

• The race alone? Not that important, however different races have different features (physically) and some of them I'm *usually* not attracted to. But other than that, I don't care about races at all. If I was attracted to the person, the only thing I'd be worried would be their ethnicity/culture.

• If s/he's hot, s/he's hot. The color or nationality won't change anything.

• I guess it is for me because initially i'm just the most attracted to super pale white guys, always have been. But if I really got to know someone and liked them then it wouldn't be much of an issue, since knowing someone's personality makes them more attractive to me normally.

• I don't think so, since I am dating someone of another race and I didn't give much thought to it before jumping in lol

• Um well that is not what I thought about before I started dating my black boyfriend... It was more like is he an ass or a nice guy?

• My mom is a racist bitch so anybody who isn't white, she hates.
    I just don't give a shit. White, black, brown, whatever as long as we're happy

• no, considering i'm from a place with mostly black people... i know a couple of Portuguese guys but they tend to stick with their own

• Nope.

• i think the first thing i notice is a sense of attraction, if it is with a white guy great, if its with a black guy, great too, any other race is fine but i don't think it should be the first thing you look at

• Yes because i simply feel more attracted to white guyยดs. Not that i wouldnยดt date someone of another race but how should i put it... i like what i like.

• To a very very small degree. Different races have different cultures and different levels of kinks.

• I'm dating a white guy. I'm black/white hispanic. I don't care about the color of his skin. I care about his personality and if we are compatible or not.

• For me no. I like diversity

• you take someone as they are

• not really but in general i'm not attracted to arabic and black guy so i tend to avoid them

• More cultural background then race

• No, I wouldn't. If I'm not open minded that way, I wouldn't expect someone else to be open minded for me anyway.

• No race means nothing to go against what you feel.

What Guys Said 15

• Well I come from a 99% white country so chances are I will never make friends with a person from another race, let alone date them. With that in mind, I wouldn't date one. I'm attracted to all humans but I would want to be only with my own race.

• Yeah I only tend to find white girls attractive, I don't feel any attraction at all towards girls of any other race.

• The race itself is of no concern to me unless it's tied to something or a culture I'd rather not be part of or can't due to religious reasons. Otherwise it never crosses my mind.

• Yes but not in relation to skin color but in relation to difference in cultures.

• i feel you can not pick the person you love all you know is you love them

• Not at all.

• Nope, I consider hotness and sexiness (the two aren't the same for me), then similarities.
    We have to like the same things and get along well.

• Absolutely!
    I do not go outside my race.

• Nahh, if I like you then that's all that matters.

• Nope
    I truly don't care

• Never had a problem with race, will date who I feel like dating Black, White, Asian or Other.

• I do not like white women.

• I dont date out of my race.

• Not because of any discrimination. My body just isn't attracted to every race.

• Nice to see all the hitlers here...