Do you get jealous of your boyfriend/girlfriend a lot? And how do you deal with jealousy if you do?

So I have been seeing this girl for about 2 months now, we see each other about once or twice a weekend sicne we live about 2 hours away from each other. We haven't made anyhting official, but she invited me to dinner last week to the restaurant her sister works at and her brother came along, so she must feel decently serious about this if she wanted to introduce me to her family after our 5th date. We text a lot and I really do trust her, she has never given me a reason not to.

But I always feel jealous when she goes out with her friends and she posts snapchat stories with other guys. It always looks innocent and has only happened a couple times. And she is normally texting me or whatever throughout the night. But I can't help but feel very jealous and I get a little stressed out when she's out, especially if she hasn't texted me for a while. I never act on this at all, I don't send a bunch of texts or seem protective. I always just wait for her to respond back to me.

But I hate that I get so jealous... I know we are early in our relationship and that we haven't made any commitment yet and we haven't quite built up that trust since we are both new to this. Once again, I actually do trust her, unlike my last girlfriend, who I am fairly positive lied to me about where she would go some nights. I don't want to feel jealous, because I am sure there is nothing to worry about, but does this happen to you? And how do you deal with jealousy and being overly protective?

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm 10-11 months in my relationship with my boyfriend and I feel the exact same way as you do and have recently found that my boyfriend gets the same way he had some girl post this video of her on his snapchat just before I needed to fly somewhere and it really stresses me out so I snapped because he barely post things of me on his story let alone videos so I think it's just easier to talk about it with someone and if you can with her

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't get jealous of her at all, because I don't see a reason to act jealous. Just because another guy is also a guy doesn't mean he's a competitor or necessarily a threat.

So how do I deal with jealousy or being overprotective?

By not being territorial.

What Girls Said 1

• I'm sure as you get more comfortable in the relationship these feelings will fade. Just try not to focus on them and remind yourself when they do come up that you have no reason to worry.

What Guys Said 1