Why is he so possessive yet he flirts with other girls?

My boyfriend gets really jealous when i talk to guys, even guys who are his friends and guys who are already in a relationship. He started acting a little childish and he said a lot of mean things to me when I played a game with one of his friends. He also warned me not to make him angry because if I did he would make me feel like shit, he would make me cry. In the end, he felt a little bad later and apologized.

However he has a lot of friends who are girls. He talks to them on social media, i saw him picking up their message while we cuddling. He likes their profile pictures (even though he didn't like mine), and he's overall mean to most girls. I can't help but feel like he's flirting with them. It makes him seem like a hypocrite when he is allowed to talk to girls when i'm around, but i'm not allowed to talk to boys.

this feels unfair. why does he get to keep me in a relationship with him when he gets to flirt around with every other girl?

Most Helpful Guy

• Psychological projceting and insecurity.

Psychological projection, because he does something and assumes you would do the same (flirting with the opposite gender).

Insecurity, because he apparently fears about the relationship and about being inferior to other guys as well as trying to get approval while flirting with other girls.

Most Helpful Girl

• He's insecure and needs to get his shirt together. You don't deserve to be in a relationship with someone who treats you like that.

What Guys Said 2

• Some guys just figure they are the kings and some even believe gods gift to women.. and some of those figure the more they can have the better.. this guy may not be made from the same cloth as those others I just mentioned.. but it makes complete sense to me.. is it is wrong of them to do that.. Yes... but those kinds of guys are out there

• cuz he is controlling and emotionally abusive... dump him

What Girls Said 1

• Okay, break up with this asshole. He's controlling you, being a hypocrite. And his behavior might get worse one day and he might actually hurt you. This relationship doesn't sound healthy... :(