Do girls care more about looks than personality?

Please be honest since I'm having trouble getting women and I want to know what is wrong with me like my looks or personality. I've been told that I'm cool, nice, funny, but not cute by girls.

Most Helpful Girl

• I've always said, "beauty is in the eye of the beholder". Sure people may say looks are important, or personality is or both. But honestly, people see beauty differently. I mean honestly, look at that British model from that commercial " The london look" -where the girl there has a gap between her teeth. I personally dont find that "pretty" or "cute", but there must be a reason why she has succeeded in modeling, right?
    Did you know in Japan, crooked teeth is considered cute in girls? Random fact lol
    Now between my girlfriends and i, we all have different tastes in guys. One of my friend likes those super skinny latino kinda hood type of guys. Another one likes them all blue/green eyed with a toned body. Everyone has their preference.
    But i think in the long run, for any connection to work, personality needs to match. Sure you may be attracted to their face but if their personality sucks, it won't work.

Most Helpful Guy

• Every girl is different, but I think in general girls care more about looks than personality. It seems girls think your personality is good, but your look is inadequate. My advice to you is to look for a girl who is also suffering inadequacy in the looks department and who probably is also having relatively low success in the dating scene. Those girls are MUCH MUCH more likely to accept you for the way you look, so you should be aiming for that kind of girls.

What Girls Said 18

• Same as guys, or anyone really:
    Looks do the initial attract, and personality keeps you.

So for the average person WHO IS LOOKING FOR A RELATIONSHIP, both are usually necessary. Healthy amounts of both.
    If they're attractive, but you don't like their personality, not many people would stay.
    If they have a nice personality, but aren't that attractive, it's gonna be really difficult to develop a romantic relationship, most would stick to a platonic one.

Both matter. It sucks, but it's true for the most part.

• Hmm.. Can I see a picture? And no.. Not all girls base relationships on looks. But sadly a lot do. A lot of girls are vain and shallow in this way. But here's the good news: There are a lot of girls who want you for your personality. I would really like to see a picture though. May I? :)

• Isn't my profile pic enough? lol

• Lol.. Sorry, :p Earlier my phone was acting up so none of the profile pics were showing. :) by the way, you're super attractive! Trust me. I'd still like to see another pic, cuz your facial expression in your profile is kinda funny. :) But you're really attractive! So own it. ;)

• There I added another profile pic lol

• You spamming questions about how much girls hate you is what's wrong with you.

• in order to like someone, you have to be attracted to them. it eventually comes down to the personality and if you're a nice person or not, but if you like someone usually you feel attraction. if these girls don't like you they probably are attracted to different types. there are plenty of girls out there don't worry

• Personality matters most for finding the right partner to be with, but physical attraction is important too, especially at the beginning.

• Some do. Women are as capable of being shallow as men, but not for long. Women will ultimately move on to a guy who treats them right and has good stable future prospects. Cute only gets you so far...

• Initially yes. After that not so much.

• Both are just as equally important.

• As long as your looks don't burn my eyes from their socket personality is more important.

• yeah. that's what initiates the want to meet a man in the first place.

• No , but looks are still important. There has to be at least somewhat of an attraction. If she is repulsed by you then no matter how awesome your personality is it won't ever work.

• I would say they go hand in hand. Both equally important.
    Best wishes

• Sorry, but its usually looks that attract girls to HU with you and then looks and personality to go further...

• Depends on the girl. A smart girl will care about personality, and capability to preform in life not so much on looks, as long as you are pleasing enough to look at. i. e.: money making skills and humor.

• I feel like they are both important. Personality is huge though. Sometimes I won't find a guy attractive but as soon as I start talking to him/ have a good convo with him then based on their personality, it can make them more attractive.

Is your profile picture a picture of you? I honestly think you are very attractive.

• Well, a girl can be attracted to a 'cute' guy. But it would be a major turn-off if he happened to be a douchebag. So honestly, I think that personality matters more than looks.

• No. But it's the first impression.

• Your looks seem to be fine, so it's not that.

What Guys Said 10

• Personality, and socioeconomic status.

Just look at girlfriends of NBA/NFL players. A lot of these guys are just a tad funky looking. However, they are tall, athletic, and multi-millionaires.

You should be worried more about your wallet than your looks. Oh, and be confident. Girls don't waste time with pansies.

• If they tell you that they like either first they are not being truthful. The way women start liking a guy is by 1 his looks is he someone that she would even consider doing xyz with. 2 does he flirt letting her know that he likes her. 3 after the first first minutes she gauges his personality. She decides if she wants to date him, fuck him, or freindzone him.

• Women care about looks just as much if not more than men do.

• For casual sex its looks, fun, social skills, and popularity.

For relationships its stability, reliability , good personality, and wealth.

• Well, that really depends on the woman as to how much importance she gives to what.

• Both are critical
    Grass is green
    Sky is blue

• I get girls looking at me a lot lately. Almost everyday when I commute to work I always get women looking at me. I just ignore them and they look even more. I'm also sneaky when I trybton

• Of course. What it's doesn't count that much.

• hhhahahaaha... i await many PC answers!!!

• Yes they do - they say they don't, but they do