Why are non Virgin guys judged for wanting a virgin girl but virgin girls are never judged for wanting a non virgin guy?

Most Helpful Guy

• Non virgin guys sre judged for asking higher standards drom the girl than from themselves

What Guys Said 7

• I think the double standard lies in the assumption that guys going after virgin girls bc of sexual predator type of tendencies.

• Because double standards.

• Not really. It's more about people being bothered if people with "less desirable" standards want or even demand those with "more desirable" standards.

If a rich man wanted to date poor women, he'd probably get called stupid sure. But if a poor woman wanted to date rich men, or a man with a job apparently even if it's minimum wage, she gets called a golddigger, whore, user, etc.

If a thin person wants to date fat people, most people would have more questions than insults. If a fat person wants to date thin people, they'd get torn apart.

Point is, it seems that there's a silent code that the "more desirable" people have more leeway to choose from their "equals" and even their "lessers", but the "lessers" get shit for wanting the "more desirables".

• @BuchitaBuchys But they get shit cause she's promiscuous, not because she's looking for a virgin. That's different.

• Both, for being promiscuous and wanting a virgin are immortal sins to "nice" guys.

• Jus date who you are attracted to. Go be with a non virgin hunk if that's what you like, who care what other people think.

• economics.

• Oh they are judged lol

• Because realistically, we've loosened up and continue to push some of the boundaries of what is acceptable behavior for women, but there's been very little shifting in what's acceptable for men. So men continue to be shamed for the same things they always were, and aren't allowed to complain about it (which is why they DO complain so much online)

• Honestly I think guys are getting accused for having any preference. Heck, I've been badmouthed for not wanting old or fat people.

Thing is, I happen to like older people. They're interesting. And people with extra weight are often really sweet if you get to know them, that doesn't mean I want to date every overweight woman old enough to be my mom.

But if I say I want someone attractive, then well, I'm an asshole that only cares about looks. Fun life.
    "Attractive to me" seems to be working for now though. Since we're not allowed to say that this or that type is generally more attractive.

What Girls Said 5

• As many other things, because it's not as equal as people think.

1. Not many virgin women express they want non virgin men. In fact, a lot more express they want a virgin man. So, it's a lot less common than a non virgin guy wanting a virgin woman.

2. If there are virgin women who want non virgin men, they don't typically insult virgin men for not meeting their criteria. When non virgin men demand or want virgin women, they usually say it's because the more partners someone has the more likely they are to cheat etc. Etc. And some go as far to call them whores and sluts for not being virgins, and then it's like "then what are you?"

3. To want a non virgin when you're a virgin is typically because you want someone to help you learn. To want a virgin when you're not, it's typically because you just have a fetish or scream insecurity because you can't handle not being the first.

4. Put it this way, one is more desired while the other isn't. Sad, but true. If a rich person preferred to date poor people, he/she wouldn't be called a hypocrite. They might call him/her stupid, but that's the extent of it. If a poor person preferred to date rich people (especially a poor woman only wanting to date rich men) she'd be called all types of names: whore, golddigger, hypocrite, manipulator, etc.
    The way people make it seem is that when you have more desirable qualities, you can freely choose from your "equals" and even a bit higher, and the "lowers".
    When you have less desirable qualities, you will get shit for wanting someone with more desirable qualities, male or female.

• the reason why wanting a non virgin girl sounds insulting is because guys say they don't want to date promsicuous women. And promsicuous women are immoral unlike virgin guys. Can you say that being a virgin is immoral? NO you can't. I am a virgin who wan't a non virgin guy. And if the guy wanted to date a rich girl he would be called names too. Like he is a weak person and can't earn money, etc

• I do respect promiscuous women who want virgin guys

• YOU do, but society doesn't, especially most men.

• Because a non virgin guy demanding that he'll only get with a virgin, despite him having been around the block and back beforehand, enforces the double standards in which a female's value is placed solely on her sexuality. Not only that but that if she engages in activities that satisfies her libido before the future-husband even came into the picture, she's worthless?

• Bit he chooses his OWN girlfriend or wife. How des this affect you?

• Men have different standards. I am sure sluts can get married as easily as virgin girls

• yeah I never said otherwise.

• Because virgin has become a fetish for men who want someone innocent and vulnerable.

Because when a girl wants a non virgin for her first time it's because he can help make it less painful. Virgin guys don't know how to work a vagina.

• So loving female purity is wrong?

• Fetishizing a person is wrong. And if you're a non virgin then it makes you a hypocrite to talk about purity.

• Purity is not a person but the state of being pure.

• Because wanting a Virgin makes people think your only goal is to deflower her. But wanting a non virgin guy translates to you wanting someone experienced.

• So it's assumptions... nice -_-

• Woman*

• Alright. I thought you were using it as a synonym because we were talking about non birgins then you out of nowhere started talking about sluts lol but I honestly think to each his own. Whether you're a virgin or not or a slut or a prude just make sure you're happy :)

• It's ridiculous.
    Sex is not rocket science but people think that experience or the lack thereof necessarily influences performance. That's BS.