I feel like my life is over?

i am 23 and in three months will turn 24, this year has been nothing but failure, no job (i tried everything) living at home, depressed, sleeping problems, just being an overal mess, i want peace and stability, but i ruined my life when i was 18, i ruined it so bad, it took me a while to get out of debt and i never got the experience the college education period, moving to another big city following your dreams, etc etc i feel depressed because now im 24 and living at home with nothing to gain or lose, i feel old and depressed. I can't get it out of my mind, i dont feel like socializing, i feel sad and empty... I going to london at the end of the year for an internship for like 3 months, im seriously considering staying there and finding myself there and doing somethings i could like... to do, i just dont know who i am, i never got the find out who i am and what i want in life. Please give me hope? say that im young even when im 27 or so

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm 28, two years past I had every thing, handsome athletic rich guy, work.. money.. car.. house everything but still I was searching for more ! I met a girl which had a sad story and looked like an angel so I fall in love with crazily I became blind for two years I was living in dream land ! till one day I woke up and came back to the real world...
    the girl appeared to be a slut who uses a fake story and behaviour to fool guys and suck them out ! I looked around and realized I don't have man... I lost the house.. the job.. the car.. fought with my friends and family... literally back to zero !! all this was not enough ISIS occupied my city and country situation gone very bad ! I tried working in turkey and gain back what I lost but war got there too ! so here I am out of shape lonely depressed guy who knows five languages and many computer softwares in his work field with a good experience but still struggling to provide my self decent food and place and saving to find a way to bring my family out of war zone or send them to some where safe ! you are waaaaaaaaay young and living in safe place with a passport which can take you where ever you want ! so gather your self up and go learn new things which can provide you a profession or help in it !

• i will be 28'5 when im done with college

• hhhhhh I think you didn't read my comment, it's not the age which matters, it's the possibilities and chances you have !

• wow... deep omg you are right

Most Helpful Girl

• I would be extremely excited about an internship, in London no less. I was similar to you a few years back not knowing what to do with my life, got an internship, loved what I saw, got a job offer and have been happy, driven and excited every day since.

What Guys Said 15

• Some people have this idea that life is like a track, and passes different stations along the way -- education, career, spouse, children, etc. Most of us find ourselves, at one time or another, off the track we imagined for ourselves. At first, this realization is distressing, producing anxiety and/or depression. Many, however, come to celebrate going off the tracks -- once off, we are no longer bound by some idea of what our life is supposed to be like, and can instead enjoy the life we *are* living and to be more honest with ourselves about what we do want in life.

• Your situation is not as uncommon as you may think.
    I have walked with the black dog since I was a small child, so I know something about depression. Ask your GP to refer you to a psychiatrist. You sound as though you have a depressive condition, but only a psychiatrist can assess that.
    In the meantime, it should not be too late for you to go to university. There would be a mechanism that would allow you to attend as a mature-age student. I do not know the system in Britain, but it likely involves an IQ test.
    At the university (Queensland, Australia) where I spend most of my days, there are quite a few students who waited until they were your age before they applied for entry.
    If you do go to university, study something that can be turned into an income at the other end of the rainbow. That means that Gender Studies and anything that is classified as arts or humanities is a waste of time and money.
    I can tell you with certainty that Britain is screaming for secondary teachers, especially in maths and science. Twice each year recruitment companies set up information stands at my university, in an attempt to get Australian graduates to teach in Britain.

• You aren't old for sure. The London thing sounds like a great idea. My life was like yours when I was like 20 through 23. I had depression and anxiety, dropped out of college, didn't have any friends, felt too depressed to have a job. I thought I would never be able to survive in this world. When I was 23 I basically fell in love with someone I only knew online, we ended up meeting in person and then moving to another state together that was hundreds of miles away from both of our original houses. We aren't together anymore but just making myself to go through such a great change and experience living somewhere else and doing things completely differently ended that phase in my life, I'm doing a lot better now and I have a good job and my own apartment. And I have friends now but they mostly live in other states, so we only meet up every now and then.

I guess my point is that you are not old and a lot can happen faster than you might expect. Your life could be totally different by the time you are 25, especially if you go through with the London plan etc., which I definitely think you should do. People still mistake me for being like 20 even though I'm 25, 23 is not bad at all.

• I know how it feels when u dont have an aim in life.
    The best thing u can do... is find an aim/goal.
    And run after it like mad dog... u will be occupied with it all the time, maybe find a job or get a hobby... and then immerse urself in that job, it will work wonders.

• Your a kid for Christ's sake. Stop comparing your life to other people's. Internship, career, college. It's all bullshit. Chase your dreams not the money or prestige and you'll always be happy. It doesn't matter if you want to juggle in the circus. Do it. I've never followed the masses. They're like lemmings being used and abused by the authorities and for what. Bits of paper. They're the mugs in this world. You've got learn to be happy with what you've got. A greedy person can never have their fill. Even if they inherit the world they'll still want more. Remember a problems only a problem if you think about it. Learn to stop acknowledging stuff like this and itll blow away like a bad dream. I can't even remember 23. I was drunk most of the time when I wasn't working. I don't regret it. The only things that matter in this life are free. People. Friends and family. They're what will make you happy and accepted. Not 0s in a bank account or fancy clothes and all that bollocks.

• You are so young and have so much ahead of you in life... Just don't give up.

I consider myself a happy, fulfilled person right now. Do you want to know when that happened? After a decision I made to move to another city when I was 28.

Hang in there, try to start with the small things and move forward. Don't look back. You'll be fine.

Good luck! ;)

• I learned that "it's always darkest before the dawn" has been SO true over the years, even my favorite time of day has become dawn... with coffee

• Yes, it's just a slump. Quit acting like a loser and do what you know you need to do. This too will pass. JUST DO IT.
    Unfortunately these days people are told they just 'deserve it' whatever that is, so they keep thinking something good is going to happen. NOT. You have to go out and MAKE it happen.

• Trust me, I shifted careers and jobs much later in life, and even though I'm good and thankful where I'm at, I am still nowhere near where I want to be. It takes patience and a lot of effort, and not let the age be an issue for you.

• Well I am 24 and I am still fairly young! We might be adults but we are still young at that :p

• College drop out and currently unemployed guy here. Its not that bad. Everyone has their own path. We don't all have to live the same life. Try to do things to improve yourself.

• "Moving to another big city following your dreams"
    That internship in London may just be your ticket to ride. Don't give up yet!

• If only I could help every person that fucked up their life...

• you are still very young... don't let yourself think you won't do better or you'll fail. Failure is part of growing up... teaches you what works and what doesn't

• well, it looks like the only way is up then, doesn't it

What Girls Said 2

• can't say its over cos you have your internship coming soon

• You're still young. It's all up to you to change things. You're just making excuses now.