Do guys prefer naturally tanned girls or pale girls?

A lot of days, I do like my tan skin. I don't get sunburnt, only a little darker. Since I'm half Thai, I naturally have the golden tanned skin. So pretty much, I do love my skin color. When it comes to the dating world however, that's when I feel self conscious of my skin tone. I always see guys chasing after the pale beauties and thinking that every tanned girl isn't tanned naturally. It makes me wonder if my tanned skin isn't desirable compared to a girl with an ivory or cream complexion.

Just to clarify, I don't use any tanning products and spend my days outdoors in the sun, but it's mainly genetics.

Most Helpful Guy

• I prefer girls naturally born tanned. Like you, for example. I just feel they look healthier and "warmer".

Most Helpful Girl

• Ok so I read some of your questions and it seems you are a little insecure and Idont know why.. You are really beautiful and trust me, guys dont go for a girl only because of her skin tone or eye color. The whole package is the one who attracts. Men dont really pay attention to silly details such as skin tone or eyes color when they check out a girl and Im sure not the skin/ eyes is the deal breaker. If guys aren't choosing you to date its not because of your skin tone or eye color, trust me. Maybe try to work out a bit (not much, because you are not fat, just to get in shape), be more confident, put yourself out there and you will find lots of guys who are willing to date you. You have a beautiful symetric face, beauiful tanned skin, you can be a 10!

• I just don't know what's wrong with me. I'm polite, intelligent, a great cook, talented martial artist and athlete, mature, a leader, caring and basically have all the attributes guys would want in a girl. My loyalty to those I care and love about is undying and I'm open minded and very perspective. I hear guys say that want a well rounded long term girlfriend but I'm dismissed because I'm not a bad bitch or because I'm not white. It makes me wonder if I don't look appealing enough and if I have to take extreme measures for guys to notice me.

What Guys Said 32

• There are some pale women who are beauties and there are some tanned girls who are beauties. I don't think very many guys use skin tone as a guide to who they will date (except for guys who have racial preferences in dating.)

I looked at your profile picture and the combination of the dark glasses and the hair in a bun makes you look like Marian the Librarian. You could be a very attractive girl but you need to do a make over with the glasses and hair.

• Prefer darker skinned as i like to be in the sun and i don't want no pale ass lobster next to me haha. joking aside all girls are beautiful whether pale or dark skinned but i just find darker skin more atractive,... espacially in the summer ;-)

• I personally don't care either way. I prefer that a girl looks the way she does naturally and doesn't try to look "better" with a fake tan or dyed hair or stuff like that.

• I prefer some colour, but someone pale would not turn me off.

• I really like that pale luminescent skin. But that's not to say I don't think a good tan isn't attractive either. :)

• I really don't care about skin color.

• I prefer tanned. But if you look at my past relationships you wouldn't be able to tell. Some where really really white. Some where really really dark. And others were in between.

The point of the story is that in the end I don't care. I just have to like her.

• I like both naturally tanned gals as well as pale ones. I like pretty much any skin time or complexion.

• I like naturally tanned skin, although I don't have anything against pale girls. I just like them I don't know why. But having said that, pale girls should not tan artificially because it may do more harm than good and I personally don't like tan lines..

• Personally I prefer slightly pale BUT tan can be hot if it's done right.

• When I meant tan, I meant naturally tan like a Mediterranean person, Hispanic person, African American tan or darker, or someone who spends their days outdoors and their genes allow them to tan instead of turning red. So my question is, would you like someone who's legitimately tan from no products at all but from birth/genetics or a pale skinned beauty?

• Of course I would.

• I am more the about the girl rather than her tone of skin. Your's sounds really nice, but even if you had pale skin and you are a great person, that's all that matters!

• It's genetics and besides, I spend my doors outside doing activities. I get annoyed when my cheeks only get sunburnt though.

• Me too, I am outdoors quite often throughout the year... gettin my vitamin D :)

• Tan generally

• I prefer pale usually. If it's a natural tan though and not too dark that's fine, it's not a turn off. Like you look fine based on your profile pic.

• Pale for me, personally. But that's just me! I actually don't tan at all for that particular reason.

• I like redheads, and they're always pale.

• My cousin is a redhead but she's naturally tanned becuAse are parents are Mexican so not all red heads are pale 😊

• I can appreciate both, but it depends on how they look overall. Most of the time I find lighter skinned females more attractive though.

• It depends upon the guy and the girl. Everyone has their own preferences.

• pale

• Like seriously since when do guys prefer pale ghost skin, I thought most guys preferred sexy olive skin..

• @Jessiebe I like all skin types! All ladies are beautiful!

• @Jessiebe not really i like fair/pale skinned girls more than tan

• same thing in a sense

• I like both. I love girls with very pale complexions. Red hair and pale skin are a favourite of mine

• neitheir, i like fair skin not pale not dark

• I have no preferences outside of what makes me horny.
    I like red hair, and they are usually pale.

• Round tits

• Way too hung up on what you think 'everybody else' is doing.

• Pale, but if they like me then it doesn't really matter.

• I find that I prefer pale but I can like both :)

• Tanned girls are prettier thanthan pale as they'rethey're easily aroused.

• I oike my girls natural

• Honestly, the body shape is far more important than the skin tone.

• Naturally tanned! My ex was like that

• More from Guys
    2

What Girls Said 10

• I'm 1/4 Italian so I have naturally tanned skin, a light tan though, but you shouldn't worry about what color skin you have. Just be you.

• i'm pretty sure everyone in the world likes natural, healthy, radiant skin. if you have to use unnatural means to get a certain skin tone, it generally looks unappealing. bottom line: don't bleach and love your melanin

• just like another girl said, the grass is always greener. im pale and usually people dont say anything, until summer time. thats when all the "you need to tan!" and "wow your so white!" comments start coming -_- its ridiculous. its not that hard for me to get a tan but im not about to sit in the sun for hours burning my skin for some ignorant people to stop talking about it i like my skin the way it is, but not because i think guys prefer pale girls, its because its my natural skin. natural skin is always the best.

• As a very pale Scottish woman I burn easily ( we're not used to the sun here) and most fake tans are way to dark on my dayglo white skin , annoyingly enough my brothers both tan easily ( our great grandma was Portuguese ) but I unfortunately take after my mums side and burn easily. Glad that some men prefer us pale ladies

• I spend my days outdoors so my skin is tanned naturally, but I've been tanned since birth yet I was a few shades lighter when I was in Germany due to lack of sun and just the climate in general.

• I am pale and I don't care who approves. My skin is healthy.

• I've always envied girls with pale skin. I've even considered bleaching my skin to be lighter but I've slowly accepted my natural tan since I realized I would look weird with ivory skin/unnatural. I wasn't specifying if pale skin and tan skin was healthy or not, it was a question I've been asking myself and had to just let it out.

• I think beauty standards are different around the world. Many people in the west are obsessed with tanning even in the winter, which is ridiculous. They do all sorts of harmful things to their skin and in the end, many will age badly. In many places, people avoid being pale at all costs, lol.

My advice is not to do anything that is going to have bad consequences for your skin in the long run. Be proud of your skin color and embrace it :)

• My boyfriend only pays attention to how pale I am when he wants to compare how tan he gets to me. lol other than that he doesn't seem to care either way.

• As a very fair skinned girl I can tell you that people are constantly telling me I need to tan. You should be grateful for it!

• I guess the grass is greener because I'm pale as fuck and I usually see guys IRL saying tanned skin is really hot...

• Guys seem to prefer lighter shades, especially lighter than them.

• Which is natural since all ethnicities have their women on average be lighter in skin than their male counterparts. Thus it would be a logical conclusion that men generally prefer a lighter skin.

• @FakeName123 yea, but what good is that if dudes are all up in their light chicks? Lol

• I am pretty sure while light-skin is a factor, its nowhere as big a factor to make all darker girls around forever alones.

• I think skin color is not the only thing, a guy goes for.