Should I give him the "time" he asked for or move on? How long do I wait?

I've been seeing this guy for about 3 months. Everything was great until a couple of weekends ago when I brought up putting a label on what we were (an official relationship). He said the R word scared him. That same day he had asked me to go meet his family the next day. Well the following morning he was acting weird. When I asked what was wrong he kept saying nothing, then, I asked again and he said do you really want to meet my parents? I said that's up to you, I don't have to if its to soon. He nodded his head yes. I turned my head and began to cry (it was an emotional time of month for me). When he came over to hug me he realized I was crying and stormed off and said "I always f*** up everything good in my life". I left not long after that crying still and came home. On my way home he text and asked me to text when I made it home. We text some that day but that week he pulled back. The following Saturday I talked to him on the phone and he said he "needed time". Long story short I didn't talk to him until today when I text him and ask if he was okay. He said "Im okay. Thanks. Just really busy. His business has picked up. I hope your well. Sorry for everything." I text back and said I was glad to hear from him and asked if he needed more time and I felt like everything happened so fast. No response yet and it's been two hours. Should I move on? Or wait and give him time? I feel like he doesn't want it to end but I'm afraid I will come across as pushy or needy. This seems to be a pattern in my life. I date a guy a few months and then once it gets serious they pull away or disappear. He promised he wouldn't do this and told me not to worry when I told him about my dating experiences. I don't know what to do :(

What Guys Said 1

• Stop all communication and move on

• Why do you think that?

• Fear of commitment is a farce. No such thing. If you love someone there is no fear of commitment. They won't commit not because they're "afraid" It's because they don't love you

• I felt it was too soon to say I love you but I do believe that too... if he truly wanted to be with me there would be no fear of commitment or doubt. But he never showed signs of this until recently! That's why I'm so thrown off! Normally I can see the issues but this time... nothing. I guess I just get my hopes up to much.

What Girls Said 1

• Move on :( Sounds like my ex

• Do you think it's the fear of commitment or just him not wanting to be with me?

• I know what you mean. Look! I know for sure that my ex was my soul mate because I have never met someone like him and it felt like it was meant to be and I saw a lifetime with him. Sometimes they ruins things for themselves because they are too scared but it's his battle not yours. You can of course give your all just be careful and take care of yourself. I don't want you to get hurt like I did, it was hell! I did accept it and I'm still open to love and went on a date with a new guy I now can't stop think of. It will be alright no matter what you choses ;)

• Thanks for the kind words. I know I'll be okay eventually it just takes time. I have no desire to date anyone right now again but I want to focus on myself for now too. Good luck on your new lucky guy! ☺️