Would you still be there for a person you like if they constantly keep pushing you away for Depression reasons?

I've just seen this. The guy really liked the girl but she kind of has a deep disbelief that NOBODY loves her and generally has a major problem of pushing the ones she loves away. But after a few times of pushing the guy away (even though she gave off a few hints she liked him back), he disappeared & we actually never heard from him again.. Now, it could be her bad that she "pushed" him away or that he actually doesn't deserve her because he should've stood by her and not easily give up on her. So it made me wonder what would you guys do?

Most Helpful Guy

• If she quite clearly shows that "no I am not interested in your advances", he has no reason to stick around.

What Guys Said 3

• All the people I know, both male and female, are worth my time and effort. I stick by them for as long as I possibly can, no matter what happens. These are friends, though.

When it comes to possible dating, things become a little different. Pushing a guy away for the reasons you state has the same effect as a girl that plays hard to get. Play hard to get for too long, and the guy gets pissed off and goes away. Friendship is not possible, as the guy hoped for more. He goes off to find someone else. It's no good hanging around for too long in the vague hope that love will blossom. The guy could spend a life time waiting for nothing.

I'm in a similar situation. Do I hang around, wait, and hope? Do I cut my losses and move on?

• You face her. Tell her what you want and think. She must know so you both don't waste you time and life. I had the same "Push-away" problems before and possibly still do but as soon as I realized the guy really wanted and cared for me, I decided I'd never give him up for some stupid reasons like the ones stated. I just felt and realized he's much more worthy than the beliefs and irrational fears I had and now, I'm giving him his chance and I'm not really so afraid (as I used to be) that it wouldn't work because at least I will have tried and because he's truly worth my time. So I think if she really wants you, she would NEVER give up on you no matter what fears she has, she WILL give them up or fight them for you. But if she doesn't truly want you or appreciate you, she won't change because deep inside she doesn't want to..
      If you don't want to face her, just cut it off and if she wants you she'll come to you, trust me.
      Sorry if it was too long😅 and hope that'd help😊

• It's her bad that she pushed him away. You girls keep whining here that some guys just dont go away when you ask them to.. shame them as creeps and stalkers. You are telling him that you dont want him.. so he left. How the fuck is this the guy's mistake? You should have told him that you need him.

• I was once in my life and I finally won her over. But from now on if any girl pushes me away for any reason at all I am out for good

What Girls Said 1

• I am an idiot, so yes, I probably would.