Crying man yay or nay?

Is it. cool if a guy cries for example when he sees a sad movie? Or when he makes you upset/sad by accident? My boyfriend does and I think it's wonderful. I have a few friends who say that's lame. Why are women only allowed to show their emotion through tears? I don't get it.

Most Helpful Guy

• guys tend to look down on guys that do this , however girls are likely to react much differently and view this in an opposite way. and could feel for the guy and want to comfort him and such. but it depends if there is a legitimate reason for him doing this or not

Most Helpful Girl

• Beacause through out history women have always been represented as the weaker sex. And some how we got this idea that crying shows yor weak or you've been defeated and you gave up. Etc. even though it's true, it's how we show sadness in hurt. It also show defeat, which is weak.
    But guys and girls all have the same emotions. So your boyfriend can keep being himself. If his friends call him that again say 'have you seen the lion king?'
    If they reply yes say this 'I bet you cried in that didn't you'
    Or something simalar to that
    I hope this helps!
    Anymore questions, just ask

What Guys Said 10

• Because he's a pussy. You'll get tired of it after awhile, I'm sure. Right now it might be all romantic and everything, but eventually, you're going to go "God, stop being such a bitch." This idea goes around that the ideal man is a woman in a man's body. That is not the case. Women want men. Not women. In general. You will get tired of it.

• Why do you say that women are only allowed to show emotions through crying? Where is this written?

Guys don't want to be seen by other guys crying because it makes them look weak and vulnerable and therefore an easy prey. It's for the same reason you don't leave a laptop visible on your car seat in a seedy neighborhood. If you show your vulnerabilities, someone's going to exploit it. Also, women actually don't like vulnerable/emotional men, whatever you might think or say.

• well if it's like The Green Mile then hell yeah. that's the only movie that made me cry.
    other than that we guys are allowed to express our emotions. crying all the time? yeah that's probably too much and can kill the sexual mood in the long run. but when a guy is crying you know he's in serious physical or mental/emotional/spiritual pain so you should pay attention.

• the tears roll when im feeling stuff in certain movies. hell it's one of the only times i'm comfortable w/ crying. Brooklyn gave me a few tears.

• If you mean crying as in shedding a tear and no vocal effects, then I don't find it lame. I will admit, if they actually cry out, it is rather lame. Making any sound is rather lame to me. Shedding a tear isn't so bad.

• Real men can't be stopped from doing what he wants. Even it means if he wants to cry or punch someone in the face.

• Its pretty lame.

• I'm not crying at a sad movie.
    However, I did get choked up at the end of Creed.

• Yes, he is sensitive

• Yeah. It's pretty cool.

What Girls Said 1

• i don't care if he cries during movies, if it was a good movie i'd be crying with him.