Is this a bad sign?

So I've been talking to this guy for like 2 months on a dating website... we haven't exchanged numbers. So I asked him what he thought about us exchanging numbers? After I sent the message. I didn't hear from him for a couple of days. He finally sent one back saying "we could exchange numbers!" But, he didn't give me his number.. people are saying that's a bad sign. Because he didn't give me his number! I sent him a message with my number. So was it a bad sign he didn't send me his number?

I've just never asked for a guys number before. So I just don't know the reaction I should have got.
Someone please help! Everyone in my family is telling me it's a bad sign? Is it...

Most Helpful Guy

• No, it's not necessarily a bad sign., may be he was just taking his time to decide.

• Okay! Thank you! I tend to over react! And my family and one of my friends was telling me it was a bad sign. Because he should have sent me his number!

• Thanks for the MHO

Most Helpful Girl

• No, that was not a bad sign. He was probably expecting you to send him your number first.

What Guys Said 1

• I wouldn't take it as a positive sign, he probably just doesn't know how to (or want to) say "No, thanks" to you.
    If he was really interested, it wouldn't have taken this long to begin with, and he certainly would have given you his number when you mentioned exchanging phone numbers.

Leave the ball in his court. Let him reach back out to you if he's interested, otherwise take the hint and move on.

• So I sent him my number. And he texted me! We talked all day! would it be bad if I sent him a good morning text?

• Okay! That makes sense! I don't always have to wait for him to text me first eithe... do I?

• Not always, but if you come right out of the gate constantly texting him, he might get the impression that you're obsessed, or that you're rushing too far into the relationship already.
      Let him get anxious and wonder what you're up to. Let him wonder why you haven't texted him. Save the "Good morning" texts for after you've started going out and the relationship is exclusive.

What Girls Said 1

• If you give him your number and he doesn't call nor text then thats a bad sign