How important in honesty important in a relationship?

I believe I may be too honest. How honest should you be towards someone you're interested in? Is it possible to be too honest?

For example I told this one girl I "euthanized" a squirrel with my slingshot because it was screaming. I had good intentions but I realize now it was probably just its mating call.

Too honest?

Most Helpful Girl

• ... as opposed to lying, yes it is very important to be honest. That doesn't necessarily mean disclosing everything about your life right away. It takes time to get to know someone , so over time you gradually open up more about yourself and your life.

I think at the beginning of every relationship people always withhold certain factors about themselves... until they are ready to reveal parts of their life to the person who has earned their trust

Most Helpful Guy

• 100% skip the bullshit and just live your life simply.

What Girls Said 2

• Very important.
    My boyfriend and I are 100% honest with each other with everything. Even if it's nothing objectively bad, you really can't go wrong with sharing concerns or something with your s/o.

For example, there was a guy I'd see at the gym often who befriended me and grew progressively creepy. To the point that he'd straight up tell me he can't keep his eyes off of my cleavage, and invite me back to his place so that he could massage my sore muscles. Insisting that it was fine, despite my reminding him that I have a boyfriend, since it would be 'minus any emotions'.

I was denying him anything like that. Even before agreeing to join him for coffee, I ran it by my boyfriend. Though from my side, it would have been 100% platonic if I joined this gym-guy for coffee, but I knew he had a different agenda so felt guilty nonetheless. My boyfriend wasn't thrilled to hear that, and how I'd run into this guy so frequently at the gym. He wasn't happy with that an insisted I tell the guy to back off and/or report him to the gym staff, though was glad that I'd shared it with him.

• I would've thought it was damn important

What Guys Said 4

• It depends. Honesty is very important but it can be taken to extremes. The problem is to know what that is before you dive in.

• It's very very important.

• It's super important

• Be honest when it comes to important stuff, when it comes to your sexual history and deep dark secrets, be very careful about what you share.. From personal experience I can tell you that some things are better left unsaid..