Would you date a person that swears a lot?

When we curse, we’re usually saying exactly what is on our minds, without fear of the repercussions. Studies have found, people who curse all the time are hotter, confident and less stressed."I’m cursing my ass off because I’m confident about my sh*t, motherf*cker" is probably not something I want to hear from a person I like romantically. But cursing is also most often associated with angry attitudes and emotions toward certain subjects and is used as an emotional coping mechanism.

• No. Cursing is tacky, unattractive, rude and often inappropriate
  • Yes. People who curse are hot.

Most Helpful Guy

• no, I don't like girls who swears all the time.

What Guys Said 25

• I don't normally mind cursing, but people can over do it. At that point it can become a huge turn off.

• FUCK YES. lol.
    Only in the bedroom. It's very hot when you've got a shy demure polite woman in public, then a rampant tigeress in the bedroom who chooses to express herself by what ever means possible.

• It's a non factor really, I'm indifferent. Little cute girls swearing can be adorable sometimes actually lol

• That is funny. My ex wife had a mouth on her yowza.
    My 3 boys learned about every curse word in the book when she would get mad or scared.
    I find it dis-respectful to curse in front of my woman. So I rarely do.
    but I have no issue with it.

• Only if she at least knows when it's appropriate to curse and when it isn't. If we're eating dinner or something with my family or we're in public I don't want her to curse because it's embarrassing but if it's just the 2 of us I guess she can say whatever she wants to

• No, never!!.

• To be honest, and I know it's going to sound sexist to some, but I find cursing to be masculine. It shows aggressiveness which you find mostly in men. Not really feminine...

• I dont see a problem in cursing but it should be done in private not in public,

• Yes, but she would have to have one hell of a good body and personality to make up for it.

I dated a girl who swore a lot. I was very turned off. After all here I was, a senior in high school, with this junior girl who chased her friends around the halls without any care of who she ran into like a toddler dropping vulgar ghettospeak with me having supposed to associate with it. It was embarrassing. She was 17 years old and acting and talking like one of those wannabe gangster 5th graders. Once her and I went on a date to my friend's play and I had to tell her to stop cursing because the house was full of kids.. and she knew it. I'm sooo glad I ended that one.

• Depends what "a lot" is. If it's every other word, bye bye. But I don't generally have a problem with swearing. I do it to. There are people that do it every other word though and it becomes a bit much then.

• yes. i personally like people that swear. they strike me as being more honest and open than people that don´t.

• Depends really. I don't mind if she swears all the time but if she still swears where she's supposed to be civil then no.

• Nah I find that kind of behavior rather crass and embarrassing.

• I'm scottish. I can fit 3 or 4 swear words into 1 sentence without thinking. I'd be a bloody hypocrite criticising anybody for having a foul mouth. I could shock a tourrettes sufferer

• Hell fucking yeah I would!

• Here in Australia, that borders on being normal conversation.

• no problem if there is a good reason for it

• No. The reasons you listed above hold true for me.

• Where's the neutral option.

• It's honestly a turn off for me to hear a girl swear (unless it's in a special occasion, i. e. dirty talking). I don't know about how women feel about hearing it from a man, but I'd keep the language at a limit in front of a lady nevertheless.

• But it isn't hot, I just don't care.

• No I like classy girls

• Yeah, I dig women who smoke, drink, and cuss on the regular.

• People who curse will make your bed hot.

• Fuck yeah... I swear a lot as well... and I prefer such a chick than a princess bitch who feels insulted when she hears someone swearin'...

What Girls Said 11

• Yes, I would. I swear a lot, but it's not so bad to the point that it's irritating. Some people take it too far, but I think it's hot when a guy curses sometimes. When my boyfriend curses, I get turned on definitely.

• no i won't.

• I could but I don't know if it'd lead to a real relationship.
    I once had a crush on a guy but as we got to know each other I couldn't take it and told him to tone it down a bit but he didn't seem to like going against his usual way of life... ya didn't last long but we're cool if we just say Hi and Bye

• I swear a shit tonne so yes haha

• i voted No solely because cursing can't be hot. it's something that can emphasize points a lot but if they constantly swear for no fucking reason then i'll be wary...

• According to the internet cursing means higher intellegence. So if its true. Then fuck yes.

Because I love me smart dudes.

• Nah, it's annoying to listen to someone who is constantly swearing.

• The funny thing is i never curse but i do online for some unknown reason?

• No, people who drop the F bomb in every sentence are annoying.

• Of course. One is speaking what is on his mind, and that is truly attractive.

• define a lot