Is it weird for a 28-year-old woman to be interested in a 21-year-old man?

I have a new neighbor that moved in a couple of months ago. He is really nice and we get along great. He has a lot of qualities that I like. I also find that he is very mature for his age. He is driven, responsible, family oriented and very smart. Carrying on a conversation with him feels as though you've known him for years. I really like him and he flirts with me often; but I haven't flirted back because of the age gap. I really like him and wish I could flirt back, but I'm not sure if I should. What do you think?

Most Helpful Guy

• No. I just wish that there was a woman interested in THIS 31 year old.

• Why is no one interested in you? :(

• Thanks very much for MHGO.

Most Helpful Girl

• no its not weird you are both over the legal age so have fun

What Guys Said 28

• Not a bit. Let the cougaring begin!! We all love that firm young flesh.

Seriously, go for it. The age difference is immaterial.

• Why do you care what other people thinks? Do YOU like him? If you do, then go for it ! He's an adult and you are one too, so stop acting like a girl asking her father for permission and go for it.

• As a 19 year old young soldier on a night out , & I think the confidence of just passing the infamous P Company ( British Army Paratroop course ) shone through , I met a single 33 yr old lady that wasted no time dragging me back to her place !! I say go for it , he will appreciate you big time

• Society may be against it, but I don't think it's weird. I frequently date older women and they are obviously much more maturer and understanding than most girls around my age... I'd say go for this guy!

• I was 18 and had something going with a 25 year old.. that came with A LOT of doubts and worries because of the age even though I was probably more mature than her. 21 year old guy and a 28 year old woman is absolutely no problem. Age is a really silly thing to lose what could be a great relationship over. Go for it, and don't regret it :) It's not how old you are, but how you are.

• It is not weird.
    I had that sort of relationship once. I was 21 and she was 28. She was the sweetest and most gentle woman I have known. I should have married her.

• happened to me... i was alright... and by alright i mean... the age difference... not the actual age... i was 23 and she was 30.
    nothing wrong with it... but it comes with a lot of doubt... tell ya that.

• I think that it's normal, not weird. I've seen bigger gaps (more than 10 years) with the woman being older, two cases in my family. Both relationships worked.

• I don't think there's anything wrong with that age gap. If you guys have chemistry, or even if you're not sure yet if you do but you want to find out, I think you should feel confident about making a move. I bet he'll feel really flattered.

• It's not a problem. If you like him, show him that you are interested. Flirt with him; it's okay.

• After 20 age gaps don't matter all that much, since most people have developed into true adults. 7 years isn't drastic.

• Not at all. Sounds pretty normal to me.

It may not be common though since women are usually only into guys the same age or older.

• Not weird at all. It's up to you really. Just be honest and clear in what you want, then go from there

• he's not a wannabe thug? doesn't wear snapbacks and kickbacks? Then go for it! You found yourself a unicorn.

• It isn't weird as long as the other person isn't weird. And don't be afraid to do a background check.

• Pretty sure he's already done tht lol. Im ill giv it a shot. Hespretty handsome as it is

• yeah it is weird but to be honest who the hell cares what anybody thinks, just do whatever makes you happy, but just make sure your not hurting anyone.

• I think it's not so important
    You're both adults and if you like the guy go for it
    You don't have anything to lose

• Does water flow downhill...

• That's no significant age gap to speak of.

• yes it's weird.

is it wrong or frowned upon? no.

• I honestly don't understand how it *would* be.

• As long as your are single, go for it.. And flirt back

• Not at all, give it a shot.

• Sounds normal. If it feels right go for it.

• not totally weird... not common; but could be considered normal

• not typical.. but okay

• milfs be milfin... .

• I never understood one damn thang... why chicks who fell for a younger dude... dude happens to be ALWAYS mature for his age...

Any chances for a guy his age... but actin' and lookin' like 16? No chance?

What Girls Said 16

• Um no? You could be 40 and he could be 20 and I would say as long as you both liked each other then go for it!

• He's a bit young but if you guys connect well and you find yourself attracted to him there's nothing wrong with it. He's a grown up.

• No it's not weird. 7 year age gap is not much when you are an adult. I dated a 26 year old when I was 19. Guys do it all the time, nothing wrong with a woman being interested in someone younger. A lot of women prefer older or around the same age as them but is certainly not weird.

• Not really. I'm dating a 22 year old student.

• No it is not. Is it a big age gap? Yes it is.

• I dont think thats a big age difference. If it was a guy seven years older than a girl, people wouldn't make such a big deal out of it.

But you are overthinking it. If you really like him, go for it. It's more than fine...

• Well, it's only 7 years. And he's an adult. So I say if that's what you wanna do then go for it.

• He wants sex... and what do you want?

• Curious...

• well, it depends. what is your age preference when dating men? It's not weird unless you make it weird.

• totally normal. i dated an 18 year old when i was 28. who cares.

• Not at all, it's perfectly fine.

• Not @ all.

• No it is not weird. Just have fun.

• Not in the slightest.

• That is not weird in my opinion because you two get along well with each other. Have fun, and I suggest to flirt to him too.