Is having him come to my bedroom on 3rd date too soon?

I had an amazing second date with this guy I am really into. We met online and we ended up hanging out in the living room late at night and we made out a lot. I still live at home with my parents. This was a Saturday night and usually when i have dates my parents go up stairs because they know we want privacy. However this weekend we are going out on Sunday instead so a little bit earlier and will be back much sooner than usual. I feel like I won't be able to hang out in the living room this time since its earlier and it would seem strange and unnatural for my parents to go upstairs so early. I was thinking of having him come to my bedroom upstairs instead and we would hang out and possibly makeout, but I'm afriad that it might look odd or weird since we are not really boyfriend and girlfriend yet and I definitely don't want to do more than making out with him right now. Is it weird to have him come to my bedroom so early on? In college I feel like there was no choice because that was our dorm room, but now I live at home so I feel like its a different situation.

Most Helpful Guy

• in my opinion, don't invite him into your room if you don't plan to have sex with him. I wouldn't take you to a restaurant if I wasn't planning to have a meal with you. It sets the wrong expectations. The only exception is if you talk about it with him first, and make sure he knows that sex absolutely isn't going to happen IF he comes back to your room with you - and let him decide if he wants to do so knowing that sex is off the table.

I know the situation isn't perfect, but you need to set the correct expectations or you'll make him feel rejected, and that won't go well for your relationship.

Most Helpful Girl

• If you want to invite him in on the 3rd date, then sure do so.

What Guys Said 9

• Yes it would be too soon and extremely awquard for him. If you do have him come upstairs make sure he knows that nothing is going to happen.

• It's weird that you don't consider yourself boyfriend/girlfriend already after you've made out with each other. I would say yes, it's weird to have him go to your bedroom so early on especially if you have already stated that you aren't ready for more than making out. It sounds like you are going to fast, and you're not sure if you should use your brakes. Start using your brakes gradually, missy.

• About 1/3rd of the time, I am having sex with a girl on our first date. About 1/3rd of the time, it is on the second date. If we aren't having sex by the second date, there is no third date, with rare circumstantial exceptions.

• Third date is the right time for sex.

• I was in her bed before even date began. There's no timing but the understanding. If you both are fine. Go for it and yeah what's your age? Legal?

• Try looking at it from your parents' point of view. Would you be comfortable allowing some guy into your daughter's bedroom after only three dates?

• not at all

• it is a good thing that he waited for so long :

• No, for me, it is that last chance.. no sex by third date and I move on.

What Girls Said 0