Non smoking guys - would you date a smoker? What if she was otherwise perfect?

^^^^

Most Helpful Guy

• Smoking is unappealing for me, not only the act itself, but the smell that comes from it. I find it so disgusting that I would be making a big effort to stand near her after she smoked... and we all know that the smell lasts quite a bit on their hands.. clothes.. omg mouth!!! I would definitely encourage her to stop...
    But I think it would never even start in the first place.. that would only happen if she started smoking after we started the relationship.

• What if she was just a "social" smoker?

• ""Not sure if I believe social smokers... they like smoking so they do it.""

I agree. They tend to seek out social scenarios just so they'll have an excuse to smoke.

• @Mesonfielde either that, or just the simple act to "look cool"

Most Helpful Girl

• I know you said "Guys" but I feel a need to comment on this too since this IS something I have considered.

Generally, I hate smokers. . . I'm surrounded by them everyday and I just don't need all that in my life.

Now, say there's this guy you're talking about who is handsome, kind, and he treats me right. Yeah he's amazing, but even then I'd put aside all that to really analyze where he's at in terms of his "smoking habit." If he is going out to smoke every date we're on almost every minute or if he is wasting his money away to get some cigarettes or whatever then personally, I don't think he's worth my time.

But, if he can moderate his smoking and try to be considerate of my feelings to try and limit it then sure I'd live with it. Who knows? Maybe I could even stir this guy in the right direction and get him off his addiction~ 😁😁😀😊💗

What Guys Said 39

• She's not perfect if she smokes.

No.

• No. Smoking is a deal-breaker.

• She can't be perfect if she smokes.

I don't want to lick ashtrays, so I don't want to kiss someone who smokes either...

• No personally, I think from experience that it makes her hair, clothes and breath smell bad, it's like kissing an ashtray for me.

• Smoking is a massive deal breaker. If she does not care about her health, that would worry me. Not only that but I don't understand the appeal to start smoking either, so personally no. But l, if she is serious about quitting.

And as other users mentioned, the smell etc. Is a massive deal breaker

• I would want her to quit. I can't stand women that smoke.

• I very occasionally smoke a cigar. If she's a heavy smoker that is a no go. Thousands of great girls out there, I'll find one that doesn't smoke or occasionally smokes like me. Health matters to me and I don't want to have to smoke just so kissing her isn't repulsive.

• Probably not. Nothing against people that smoke, you should do whatever you want. But i just hate the smell and that isn't something you can get rid of by taking a shower or something. I would try and get over it but if i kiss her and i get a face full of that smell it will break the mood for me.

• NO!

Deal killer.

She can't otherwise be perfect, because if she smokes she is pretty stupid, and I only date smart women.

• Tobacco is so, soo disgusting

• I pretty well make sure that people know I hate smoking. If I do not know the girl, I wouldn't date her at all. If I knew her a little bit and there was something between us, I would make sure she stopped or itd be over quickly

• She can't be perfect if she smokes. Taking care of your health also means you shouldn't smoke. Smoking is a deal breaker for me.

• Nope for me it kinda turn off.. I stay getting breathing problems when someone smokes because of the smoke...
    But if she smokes very occasionally or few times I would date her...
    But not if she does 1 pack everyday

• I don't believe I would. Granted, some of my in-laws dated my siblings. But those siblings have quit their nasty habit - I believe, anyways.

• Besides the fact that smoking is a big deal breaker for me but if I love her and she's good then it's okie we aren't perfect

• There is no perfect, quit using that word. If she's a chain smoker like no-one's cousin, obviously the deal's off. I don't mind the ones that smoke a few cigarettes at parties.

• only if u smoke newports. because those are the best when buzzed. imma want one.

• Smokes what? Weed? No thanks. Cigarettes, I don't care.

• I actually dont bother as long as she brush her teeth every morning.

• i remember a beautiful girl who i fell like an avalanche for, she smoked, but she would've had to quit.

• Nope. Not only is it a disgusting habit that literally smells and tastes terrible, I don't like what it says about her character. I see it as a warning sign.

• Hell yes I would. I love smokers (not weed) as long as they don't want me standing outside during the winter. Our pussy control freak governor a few years back made it illegal to smoke in bars.

• Nope

• Yea okay fine I can try.

• I would want her to quit because i'm not going to sit outside with them while they smoke when its cold.

• Only if she is willing to try and stop it.

• Right now I wouldn't care but if I quit smoking I would care.

• I would not. Automatic deal breaker no matter what.

• Not sure.
    Her pussy better be tight as a virgin if she wants me to put up with cig smell

• i would date her, but she would probably not want to date me.

• More from Guys
    9

What Girls Said 3

• Most won't, and others will think they can change her ways. At the end of the day it's a disgusting habit she should have never picked up in the first place, and it's her own fault if guys reject her for it because she had a choice to not do it, but she picked her poison.

• I smoke one-two cigarretes per day in secret because my boyfriend hates it. If he finds out one day I don''t think he would just break up with me, that's so stupid. Yeah he would get into a big argue with me, like if he was my father and I a fifteen year old girl, telling me how bad smoking is... I know it's bad and disgusting, but it's better one cig per day then a whole 20 box like I used to smoke in the past...

• If the girl was attractive they wouldn't give a shit.