Dating: how important is Instagram followers?

On the news in Australia, a survey mentioned that women would prefer a guy with at least a 100k salary (which is predictable) but at least 500 Instagram followers? I get the money but now are guys getting judged with THAT too? Damn.

Updates:
Thanks peeps, faith in humanity somewhat restored again *takes selfie and instagrams*

0|0
23|14

Most Helpful Girl

• Seriously? WTF! I don't even use Instagram (or Twitter, and hardly ever post on FB). I didn't know people actually cared about that shit. Instagram is just full of celebrities and people trying to look like they're professional photographers using stupid filters and whatnot. I don't want to date a guy who documents every tiny aspect of his life on IG. So i dont care one bit about the amount of activity on his profile.

As far as salary goes, he just needs to be able to make a comfortable living wage. I do, so I don't think it's too much to ask. I just don't want a guy who makes like zero money and uses me as an ATM.

0|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 22

• I don't even have an instagram so I couldn't give a shit.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't even have instagram. Apparently its all just bombardment by pictures of food I can't have, so fuck that. I don't need to take this.

0|0
    0|0
  • Instagram seems pointless as hell unless your into photography.

Though I know nothing about what Instagram is to begin with. All I know is that it's a website where you put pictures and that's it.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, I don't care about followers. I like to use instagram, but someone else's followers doesn't matter to me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Looool IDGAF about instagram tbh

0|0
    0|0
  • Is this fo real? If so then it's the most stupidest but most hilarious thing I've see in my life😂😂 what's next how many Facebook friends one has? HAHHAAHA to be honest idgaf about that

0|0
    0|0
  • Oh well if money and Instagram are your only worries 😅👍

0|0
    0|0
  • Well seeing as neither me or my boyfriend even have an instagram...

0|0
    0|0
  • Not important to me at all since I'm not really into social media and have a low number of followers as well

0|0
    0|0
  • LOL! 😂 That's so ridiculous, Im laughing so much at this.. Oh man our society nowadays, gotta love it xD yeah, don't believe that man, I refuse to believe that's true, no one can be THAT ridiculous, so chill ✌️ U don't need followers haha

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't care about followers on instagram.

0|0
    0|0
  • If it is I'm a total loser! 😂🙈😝

0|0
    0|0
    • No, you're a woman, so you don't have to worry about how many followers you have. You're not expected to be a leader lol

• Show All
    • It makes me happy that we can play off of eachother so well. That at least means we're good at something lol

• @M_A_X I love it too 😀

• I have a decent Instagram following, but I didn't think it affected my desireability as a woman:0

0|0
    0|0
    • My dear, you are cool, I would follow you;) but you are a woman, this was directed at men and what makes them "attractive"

• A man's Instagram following does not affect my attraction to him.

• Apparently it does. I'm trying to find where the radio station got that from. But truth be told, young women especially love the popular dudes. It makes sense to me.

• lmaooo don't talk to people like that

0|0
    0|0
  • That's ridiculous!

They have to be at least above 10k followers.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't really care. I don't even use Instagram.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, that's ridiculous.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not important at all!
    What kinda news was this on XP

I don't even care if he has one.

0|0
    0|0
  • Dude, whoever cares that much about instagram followers needs to have their priorities checked. Also, unless these women are making close to, up to or more than 100k, that is a huge ask :S.

0|0
    0|0
  • that is so stupid

0|0
    0|0
  • It's not important at all 😄

0|0
    0|0
  • Prefer to what?

100 Instagram followers > 100 cult followers

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 14

• 100k Aussie dollars isn't that much at least and I guess there is some way of getting fake instagram accounts to follow you?

0|0
    0|0
  • Do you have a link to this survey?

0|0
    0|0
  • lol that is some full of crap information and im sure these kind of women dosen't exist even if they do they are not mature at all.

0|0
    0|0
  • Lmao that's ridiculous and way to much work ( talking about the Instagram followers) no thanks.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well if some lady judged me based off of that I would just straight up walk away.

1|0
    0|0
  • Those women are stupid

0|0
    0|0
  • If thats the case, i'm in trouble, I dont have Instagram and dont plan on getting it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Hmm... well I'm staying single for a long damn time then according to them due to not even having or wanting to get an instagram account. Oh well.

0|0
    0|0
  • important. it defines me.

0|0
    0|0
  • What the fuck. That's funny.

0|0
    0|0
  • well I'm screwed

0|0
    0|0
  • yeah i dont have that, my ego is not too fragile XD

0|0
    0|0
  • If I lay those chicks down on ma couch... they won't care how many Instagram followers I have... actually they won't even care I don't have Instagram... trust me...

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm amazed to know there are straight males over 20 who post regularly to Instagram.

0|0
    0|0