How to tell my guy friend about my feelings?

I have really strong feelings for my guy friend of 8 years that I just can't get rid of. They've become stronger now that we live in the same place (we have been now for a year, after 6 years apart). We always hang out just the two of us doing things like dinner + movies, yoga, going to the spa, sightseeing, playing pool, going to the gym, etc. etc. Over the years while we were living in different states during college and just after, we would visit when we could or meet up some here in between. He was my date to formals, and went out of his way to visit me.

We've hooked up (everything but sex) three times, most recent was when I was visitng 2 years ago. He stopped us before things went too far, saying "I Just can't date anyone right now, you're so amazing, blah blah blah." So i went on as everything was normal but it was clear we did have chemistry, and he said so after that hookup.

I've wanted to tell him how I feel now because I think he thinks I'm over him but I'm not. The tricky part is, wayy back in 2009 I told him I had feelings and he said he had just started seeing someone and he didn't see me in "that way." So ever since I have really held back when it comes to flirting and affection. We hug a lot but that's pretty much it. I could never bring myself to make a move.
Now, out of nowhere he met this girl while on vacation and a few weeks later invited her on vacation with his family and they are going to Europe next week (she is a trust fund baby so no job, just traveling the world and living in Asia while he is here in the US).

Is it wrong of me to tell him now how I feel? I am seeing him tomorrow and don't know how serious he is with this girl since he just met her, but I feel like either way I NEED to get this off my chest. It hurts so much to have these feelings for him and to keep it bottled up while knowing he is with someone else. He said I could alwa

What Guys Said 3

• No it is certainly my not wrong of you to feel that way or to want to tell him. You may get the same response as you did last time due to him just starting to see this new girl and that relationship is new and exciting. I would do it just so you know for sure how he feels and have a long talk about it so you can decide what you want to do from there. Good luck

• Oh so he is ur gay male girlfriend and now u want him to be ur boyfriend.
    Well if u think then go for it...

• Just let it all out in him for closure.

What Girls Said 0