Do you think it's easier for guys to get into a relationship with someone better looking than them?

• Yes, I do believe it's easier for a guy to get a girl who's better looking than them
  • No, I believe girls have an easier time getting a guy that's better looking than them
  • I believe that both guys and girls have equal amounts of difficulty getting someone considered to be out of their league lookswise
  • Other

Most Helpful Guy

• Guys have better odds of getting into a relationship with a girl who is better looking.

Girls have better odds of getting to hookup with guys who are better looking.

This is because guys are more likely to lower their standards on sexual attraction if they are getting sex without having to work for it or make a commitment. However girls have HIGHER standards for casual sex because if they are going to give away free sex without expecting commitment then the guy has to be really hot by her standards for it to be worth it.

Then for relationships guys have higher standards for looks compared to their hookup standards while women are more forgiving and more willing to date guys they aren't super attracted to, assuming he is reliable, financially stable and has a good personality.

Most Helpful Girl

• I see it a lot around me: pretty girls with fat guys mostly. I see a lot of fat girls who are single. And the fat girls who do have boyfriends usually have boyfriends fatter than them. Sorry for all the "fat" mentions. I think it's just our culture here in the Philippines. It sucks but that's what I've observed. People focus on weight and body size way too much.

• Seems similar to the united states... but people can't help it if they're not attracted to someone, whether it's due to weight or whatever.

What Guys Said 7

• I'm not really good looking in my opinion. I had problems when I was too young, in HS Much less to get a good looking girl in college (and uni). I never dated younger girls.

• It is trivial if the guy is rich. Trust me, this is true.

• :These answers... c'mon people quit the "going for looks is shallow" thing. It's getting ridiculous already.

• Yes.

• Find it fascinating that girls think it's harder for girls, and guy's think it's harder for guys.

• Personally I have no problem with that ,☺️

• Only time women will consider being a guy less attractive than her:

1. When she wants a relationship

2. When she is approaching 30's

3. If she is a single mother.

What Girls Said 7

• I think it's easier for guys to get a better looking girlfriend. Mainly because I think most girls are more open to dating different types of guys. Whereas guys are more strict in what they see as attractive. At least that's been my experience.

Unfortunately I fit a very narrow portion of the population's attractiveness type. :(

• Lol look at the guy/girl-rates of answers on the first two options.

• Yeah, that's predictable haha, I guess it just means everyone has a hard time getting the people they want.

• yes I do. A dude can get a hot girl easily if he's rich, has very high social status and/or is hung like a bull.

• There's no amount of money or popularity etc that will keep me around if he's a douche.

• @Beaver19 sure, people are complex. I'm just being very very general

• I mean there is some generalities, I'm sure most would prefer if I had hair but since I look decent it's not usually deal breaker territory, I just don't understand the mindset of 'well I want a girl like this who attracts me but I don't look like that so i guess I'll accept this.. No I don't accept that, even if it kills me or I die alone. Go for what's attractive until one says yes. That simple.

Kinda off topic haha.

• I've dated out of my league before and boy, the guy became really cocky, so I was like c'ya.

• Yeah, girls care more about personality over looks. Also, some girls are very insecure & would rather date less than average looking guys.

• Equal but guys maybe a little more

• i think girls are more considerate and give more importance to the personality than guys do