Does the "How was your day" text get annoying?

If it does when does it get annoying?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Never annoys me

What Guys Said 12

• It gets annoying only when it is a combination of where...
    1.) It is sent often, and the person who it is sent to is an introvert and isn't a big text person but feels bad about ignoring someone... so they answer it anyway as like a chore.
    2.) The person who sends it doesn't really give an interesting conversation and is kind of awkward.
    3.) It gets sent constantly, like everyday. It is one thing if it is two people dating and they can't talk every day or whatever so they text... but if it is just a friend it can get a bit overwhelming and such.

... Or if you don't like the person. If you don't like the person, basically any text received from them is going to annoy you.

---
    I recommend varying up text lingo a bit and also knowing the target audience.

• What do you suggest I say then? I've been talking to this guy for 2 months. We just started texting a couple of days ago. I want to talk to him. I just don't know what else to say?

• Okay! Great! Thank you! :)

• Ask an open ended question, I usually say what have you been up to today so they can start a discussion.

• questions are for getting to know people ! i like statements
    "Hope you had a good day!"
    "I really want to see you!"
    "I think we need to get together this weekend"
    etc

• It gets annoying when you make it a habit to ask that but you've observed that the other person doesn't reply with anything noteworthy.

When my girlfriend asks me about my day, I tell her what I've done, and vice versa. Usually it's not much out of the ordinary, we tend to talk more about things we think or feel. We also don't ask each other that EVERY day.

• Only if you have layer around all day doing nothing. So you have no response to that and if you keep laying around doing nothing all the time you will feel guilty and the how was your day text will become annoying. To you

• Nope I've never found it annoying.

• Not really, but I don't the person who sends it doesn't expect a super detailed story of my day. Sometimes I'm not up for long messages.

• It's repetitive and so it can can get annoying after some time. I prefer it when things are spiced up a bit with a new message.

• It's another way to say I have nothing to say let's see if you do and when you call them out on it they get mad looooool. So how was your day?

• If I get it on a daily basis, sure it's annoying 😂

• I have one question: How was your day?

• Yes it does.

• I personally over analyse the crap outta these things. Honestly, yea, it'll be annoying if it's all you ask every single day. It's coming from a sweet place I'm sure and I'd appreciate it, but maybe switch things up a bit.

What Girls Said 3

• Depends on the people in question. I think a good way to judge would be this: are you always the one asking it? Or is it sometimes you, sometimes him?

If you are always the one who asks first, I'd maybe cut back. If he sometimes asks you first and it is more of a mutual conversation starter you both use then I think you are safe.

• To me that text will not ever get annoying, because it shows that they do care about you, and your well being thorugh out the day.

• It's annoying when I know it's not sincere. But when I know he truly cares, it's adorable.