Why is money the only thing that matters to him?

I've been dating this guy for a little while now, I've pretty much known him my whole life. However throughout the whole time we've been dating there have been issues as far as him not spending enough time with me because he run's the streets everyday. Sometimes it seems like he's getting better and spends more time with me but then it goes back to him barely spending any time at all. It isn't like a normal relationship to me because he's caught up in the streets that he doesn't listen to me. I feel as if I can't ever tell him I want to spend a day with him like any other normal couple would because he would agree but then he ends up being right back outside "making money". It's really bothering me because I have no one to talk to about it and I feel like I can't talk to him because he has little to no time. Every time we talk about it he says he's going to get better and he doesn't want to lose me but it only gets better temporarily. He makes me feel like him running the streets is more important than me. I try everything in my power to show him I love him and to keep him out of trouble. Everyone says our relationship is going no where and that I should leave him because nothing good is coming out of it. I'm not sure what to do. It just feels like he loves me but he loves money more.

Most Helpful Guy

• Because money is addicting. Easy money is even more addicting. That's true whether it's out selling drugs or working in an office. The money is addicting to him just as much as the drugs are addicting to the people buying them.

To him, it seems like "free" money. He's working for it, but to him he's just out hanging with friends and socializing. He might enjoy hanging with you also, but he doesn't get that "free" money while he's doing it.

There are a lot of people who are addicted to money. They get divorced over it. They work long hours to get that overtime pay. Or they work long hours at a startup company hoping their stock option will pay off. It's all much the same thing. Money is very addicting, and once some people start they have a hard time quitting.

Most Helpful Girl

• Leave him, seriously sounds like trash

What Guys Said 2

• For some people, money is the most important thing in life.

• Wtf is "running the streets"

• I assume, since she's talking about money, he's a drug dealer.

• He's a good person, the drug dealing is his only downfall. However, I'm not sure if I want to stay with him, it's a lot to deal with.

• Drug dealers are *not* good people. Period

What Girls Said 0