Is it worth it to contact him to try to work thing out? It's been over a week since my boyfriend and I have spoken after an argument?

Last Friday (the 18th), I went to go see my boyfriend and it ended with me going home early, by choice. We're both in our late 20's and we've been dating for over 4 years. So I went to go see him after I got off work. We usually talk on the phone every night; however, I didn't call him the night before (Thursday, the 17th) nor did he call me. I wasn't mad about that and I didn't call him because I truly didn't feel like talking on the phone. We talked throughout the day that day, just not at night when he got off work. I was just focusing on writing a paper and then went to sleep. So the following day, that Friday (the 18th), he calls me when I'm at work and asks what time i'm coming to see him and why i didn't call him the night before. I told him that I didn't feel like talking on the phone then I asked why he didn't call, and he said that same thing. He was mad at my response to his question and hung up on me. So I called him back to tell him not to hang up on me. I still went to go see him after work and kissed him, but he basically ignored me until it was time for him to pick up his mom (30 mins later). He didn't tell me where he was going; i had to ask him where he was going and that's when he told me that he's going to pick her up.
Then i asked him if he's going to run errands with her after and he said yes then left. He's always running errands for her cause she doesn't drive, by choice. It's a little annoying cause i feel like he doesn't make me a priority sometimes.
So after he walked out, i texted him that "i was leaving since he ignored me while i was there and was going to leave without notice. & that i'm tired of waiting for him while he runs errands and to make me a priority sometimes". His response was "okay". I haven't heard from him since-- it's been over a week. He seems so unbothered by us not talking, based off his social media. I just don't know if it's worth it to reach out to him or if it's best to just leave him alone?

Most Helpful Guy

• In relationships, there are things more important than being right.

If you are focused on "I'm right" and your indignation at his response, you are focused solely on yourself and your feelings. In a successful relationship, you should make your feelings subordinate to what makes my relationship work.

1. If he feels that he must choose between his mother and you, I can almost guarantee that you will lose every time. Imagine how you would feel in that position. Try to work with him on scheduling time so that you will have his attention and allowing him time to take car of his mother. On the bright side. . . the way that a guy treats his mother is a clue to the way that he will treat a wife.

2. He probably wanted to hear from you Thursday night and may have felt that your explanation was too flippant or casual. So there is some misunderstanding that needs to be resolved. The good news: he wants to talk to you, he wants your attention.

You have too much invested in this relationship to let it slide away. How you resolve problems when dating offers you a preview of how you would work as a couple on a permanent basis. Swallow your pride and go talk to him.

What Guys Said 4

• I mean I don't think you should be upset he's doing things for his mom first of all, it's his mom after all be glad he's nice to her because it means he's a caring good guy and is loyal to his family, which down the road if you had kids with the guy would be the smartest thing to want.

Next thing I am going to suggest is just don't even message him, I find messaging just causes more problems and issues, he's been doing his thing for a week and clearly he's got his mind cleared and knows exactly what he wants so I mean go up and talk to him in person and don't try to start a fight, don't try to fight for him or anything just communicate ask how he is and stuff, be normal and act like the past is the past and be happy smile and stuff and if he's still not willing to than clearly his mind is set on possibly looking elsewhere and that's when you need to just distance yourself and focus on you.

• Listen u are not dating.. u are in a relation for 4 fuckin years...
    try to put ur ego aside and talk to him..
    and u can't force him to make u his priority... u have to make him ur priority otherwise he won't give a flying fuck about u

• for some people the easyiest way to get over a relationship is with another one. its nothing about you thats just how he is.

• Petty, petty bullshit. You guys need to learn how to treat each other properly.
    in my opinion you're confused about the wrong things. Both your feelings are hurt, and you both just keep piling it on. Begs the question, WHY?

What Girls Said 0