Can you actually erase someone from your memory?

My ex is treating me really bad. I block him from all social media and erase his number. I am doing a lot of activities and dating other guy but the bad memories always come back and i want to replace them or something!

• yes, if you put effort.
  • no, the memories always comeback.

Most Helpful Guy

• Nope unfortunately you can't otherwise I would have gotten rid of the painful memories I have knocking around in here long ago.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, it can be done, hun, however, Depending on the Situation, the His and Her History you Both shared, and Who it is, There probably Will come a time, down the Love Line, where Memory Lane will take you down for a Quick Trip.
    Good luck. xx

• Thank you so much for the Vote of Confidence, dear. xxoo

What Guys Said 8

• Yes, with some effort you can do it.

• No. Because the more you think of it, the more it will linger. Just don't push yourself into thinking about it and it will go eventually. Many many of us have had terrible exes, you're not the only one.

• Nope, and the more you hate them the more they will keep reminding you how much you hate them in the back of your head... The curse...

• It takes time

• Memories are there forever

• I'm gonna say no cause I think the memories can be dormant but I don't think they'll just disappear.

• No you can't. Only time can do that. Still nothing is guaranteed.

What Girls Said 2

• no you can't. they enter your long term memory.

• Oh boy, if only there was a way.