How do I suggest where we go out on our next date?

I slept with this guy way sooner than I had intended to in the relationship. I don't regret it - we had a lot of fun and there's a lot of chemistry there, but I'm more interested in getting to know him, not just hooking up. I had planned to tell him this (that I had fun but I wanted to see if we could get there more naturally next time) at the end of our next date. He wanted to arrange the next date but the trouble is that I have a strong suspicion he's going to ask me to his place for the whole date. If he does, what is a kind way that I can redirect the conversation and get us to a more "neutral" place (like a bar) without offending him or sounding like I'm not interested? Scripts or lines doubly appreciated!

Most Helpful Girl

• Just tell him that while you don't mind staying in sometimes, you've really been wanting to go out and do something. (Your choice as to what that thing/place is.) Then you could suggest heading back to his place after your activity of choice, if that's something you want to do. That way you get the best of both worlds.

What Guys Said 3

• If you can't communicate such a simple thing this early in your relationship, imagine how it'll be down the line... You just tell him. Don't beat around the bush, it's not that difficult and he will prefer you be honest with him rather than shutting up and begrudgingly doing what he wants and end up carrying resentment towards him for potentially years to come.

• What others have already suggested. Be open with him about him, let him know what it is you want. If he respects you he'll understand - it's not like it'll be the end of the world for him, either. You guys can have more of that chemistry some other time.

• "Hey I want to go ________ for our date"

What Girls Said 1

• Just say I want to go out together and suggest s placed.