Girls how many of you withhold sex with a guy you want to keep? if so, how long do you wait?

Do you intentionally withhold sex fro ma guy you want to have a relationship with? If so, how long do you wait until you are willing to have sex?

Most Helpful Girl

• Just until i feel comfortable with them, and with that I've only had sex with one guy and only will have sex with him haha and still with him :)

What Girls Said 37

• I don't 'withhold' with intentions of him having to prove anything, like having genuine intentions with me or actual interest outside of the physical.

I've only really had sex with one guy, my current boyfriend. I 'withheld' or refrained from having sex with him till I felt 100% comfortable with the idea, so roughly a month into our relationship.

• Well, I certainly don't sleep with strangers which is basically the first date.

I wait a while because I feel like things go better that way.

It depends on how long I will wait to have sex. But it was longer when I was inexperienced. Granted, I've only had sex with 3 people, each time was different. So, I don't see a real trend, except that I don't sleep with strangers or on those first few dates.

• Uhhhh maybe a week? Two at the absolute most. We all know I have no self control in that department 😜

• I withhold sex because I am pressured to keep my virginity until marriage, therefore if I am gonna lose it before that, let me lose it to a guy I 100% trust which will take. time.

• yeah that's me. ill be waiting till marriage.

• I don't intentionally do that. But I would like to have sex when my feelings for him is strong. I'm not going to have sex outside of a monogamous relationship. I'm not "luring" him to get into a relationship with me. It's how I am. Since I don't do casual flings/hook ups etc

• I wait until I'm ready. If I like a guy, id want to take my time getting to know him, i won't have sex until i really know a person. not bc it proves anything but bc why would i have ex with a stranger., I'm not withholding sex to hold on. I'm just waiting till I'm ready. this could take however long it takes. probably a year at least.

• I found out that I can't have sex with random dudes. It's just to damn boring and I don't care about the dude so I don't want him touching me.

Now once I'm in a relationship. Like what I have with my boyfriend. It's hard not to keep my hands off of him. :D

• No, I just don't have sex until I feel comfortable with the guy. There's no set time frame either.

• if i want a relationship i wouldn't' hold off anything

• Well definitely Not too long to loose him. But you dont want to make him miserable either. Its really just a matter of him bringing it up and just us deciding on a good time. Whenever he wants really. But only if i love him and know for sure that he's the only man in my life.

• It wouldn't matter if you held off or not. Sex isn't guarantee to make him stay. You could fuck him like a porn star and he would still do his own thing.

• I don't withhold sex because of the guy. I just don't have sex until I'm ready and that usually takes a bit of time for me. If I don't feel comfortable, then I'm not going to do it.

• Hmm, I withheld sex until I felt comfortable doing that with him.

• As opposed to unintentionally withholding sex? Lol

• As opposed to not withholding it at all :P

• Ahh gotcha lol. Well I've only been active with one guy (my current) and I did wait.

• oh god. The lesson all our momma's and friends tried to teach us. Honestly, I really try. But, I think I start to slip up within the first month, whether I know we're exclusive or not. Sex isn't as taboo as it was before, so thankfully men don't really look at it as me being easy. But, I do like to get to know them well before I initiate it. With my current boyfriend we waited somewhere between 2 and 4 weeks of being exclusive before we tried having sex. the distance really helped seeing as he lives on the opposite side of the county from me and we were not driving at the time. I've been with him for over 4 years now.

• I have never had sex with anyone who i didn't know for at least a year. Its because i feel like i need to be completly comfortable with that person inorder to be intimate with them. But I do have to say I let a guy eat me out after only three months of knowing him and I felt so slutty😫...

• No not intentional!

• I wait until marriage. Won't change it for any guy tbh.

• Don't get too butthurt, but I want to wait until we're married eh

• I'd do whenever I feel comfortable with him so no time frame for me and yes I need to trust him too of course.

• I would only have sex with a guy I really cared about. There's no time frame really but I'm not into casual sex. But if I liked the guy I wouldn't hold back.

• Well I'm not sure if I'd call it withholding. I just don't have sex until I'm comfortable with the guy. I knew my first for a year before we had sex. And as I just mentioned in another question, it was 9 years before I had sex with an ex.

• I am asexual 🍌🍆❌❌

• I wait until I am comfortable enough with him and feel I can trust him.

• Until i'm sure the feelings are mutual.

• wait until marriage 💍 Virginity is a gift to someone special in a special day after he prove his love legally

• I haven't slept with anyone except my teddy bear so I'm in the clear on this question.

• I'll wait till I know we both love eachother and that he won't hit it and quit it…lol

• About two weeks.

• More from Girls
    7

What Guys Said 5

• Well I'm waiting until marriage so doesn't matter to me how long they withhold it, either way it's not happening till I say it is.

• You know there's a way to completely eliminate this problem from your life, right?

• It's all about seduction and foreplay, but not in the way as you know it.

First you put in the hard work and show your girl the definition of epic sex. It has to be good by HER definition, not by yours. This is not easy, so take your time to learn how to do this properly.

Then, once she is fully aware of what is at stake, all you have to do is constantly keep her in a state of arousal. I'm talking about permanent, non stop mental foreplay, beginning the moment you wake up from your last post coital coma. Seduction, flirting, innuendos, etc, these are all the tools you will be using.

Once you keep her permanently aroused, you won't have to worry about her saying no ever again.

• Sorry mate, I just realized that you were talking about a girl you haven't slept with yet.

The answer is similar, but of course you skip the first step. The principle of seducing her into a state of arousal and keeping her at a heightened state of sexual tension still applies, though it happens on a slower pace because she doesn't yet know the payoff at the end. You just have to remember that women are ultimately just human.

• Lmaoo someone still virgin at 32

• Lol alpha male right? 😝

• Lmaoo I was making assumption but dang son, last time I checked I ain't wolf but tall jacked athletic, hell yea. Mirin? Ik u do

• mostly the Girls care about feelings, romance and tenderness , sex last thing care about it

• I'll never understand how women can have one night stands with asshole bad boys, then turn around and make the guys who are relationship material wait for months. It's quite honestly a slap in the face.

• Granted, the relationship should be about more than sex, but if you're giving it out for free to other guys who aren't relationship material, it's hypocritical.

• *and then makes good guys wait

• @ikissedtheskyonce I never said ALL women did this.