I want another baby, but my boyfriend doesn't?

We each have a child from a previous relationship. My child is 12 and his is7. I'm 36 and he is 45. I'm wanting to add to our blended family with an "ours" , but he says the child he has is handful enough, he's getting too old and doesn't want to parent for ever. But he's not even asking me my opinion. We love each other deeply and it'd be wonderful to add one of our own. Both kids have expressed wanting us to expand our family. But he's kind of set in his way. He even has talked about getting a vasectomy...

He says he'd rather us get married and travel and we can't do that with a little one the way we'd want to. Its tempting... I'd love to travel, but part me also thinks I'd be always wondering what if?

Most Helpful Guy

• You can let him know that you'd love to have a kid with him but that's it. You shouldn't try to pressure him into having another child. God forbid he momentarily gets pressured into it and then deeply regrets it after you're already pregnant. He'll hate you forever for that and think you stole his life away.

Most Helpful Girl

• The harsh truth is that one of you will have to give in and it'll most likely be you since you can't force someone to have a baby. Besides, would you even want a baby with someone who really doesn't want one?
    Question is what is more important to you? Are you are able to give up that dream or should you be looking for someone else who's on the same page as you are?

I suggest that you talk to him and ask him to at least hear you out and after that conversation you'll have to make a decision.

What Guys Said 1

• Well if he didn't want another one then you can't force him to.. You have to get over it...
    Parenting Its not easy and it's something you don't wanna go through again and again

What Girls Said 1

• It is really all up to you as a couple