Is backing off the right thing to do, when you feel yourself falling for the wrong person?

I mean someone that you know is going to hurt you. So you just stop all communication so you don't fall for them and form attachment. I know how, I am and can tell by this guys relationship history he'd be no good for me. He just touched a special part of me , no man has ever. I just had to stop before the feelings were in full bloom, and I couldn't back away. What would you have done in this case?

Most Helpful Guy

• i would still back off, if you know that he's no good for you, and he's going to hurt you and you still go for him, then your just hurting yourself.

Most Helpful Girl

• Dont give him up. Dont be an IDIOT. Thats something you'll never find again. Whoever he is, he's a fcking gem. A diamond of a man. And you left him in the rough. get him back for gods sake. Take care of him like your life depends on it. And dont fcking question it. Dont be insecure.. look at the strong heartful man he is, show him you love him, let him bring out those sides of you. Because if you dont. you'll be a piece of dirt. A rock. An idiot. trust me. I did tht and now im blind. He was all i saw. More than i deserved, in an entire category lf his own. he's Fcking special. And i pushed him away. Im afraid its too late, but i still try. Dont be a selfish insecure idiot like i was. Just love him, and let him love you. there's no other feeling.. let me tell you. you'll never be more depressed if you make the mistake i did. And the thing is, i STILL think of him every moment, obssess over school and blast music all day to drown out the thought. but he's always there. Im in love with a man i gave up. Just his name makes me want to cry. Just Dont be an idiot girl. If he's to you what mine is to me.. you'll probably never share something as special as you did with him. So Fcking embrace it. Let yourself love something for once in your life. Just love him before its too late for you. You dont want to make the the mistake i did. A Lost soul.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• I would have done the same thing. It's better to back away as early on as possible if you know they're bad for you. It'll only become more difficult later on, and the pain will be inevitable.

• Personally I think if you know someone has the potential to hurt you due to their past history then it would be wiser to cut contact. If not, then you are setting yourself up for a heartbreak, and you have no one to blame but yourself if they do hurt you, because you entered into the relationship knowing full well what his capabities were

It's easier said than done though. I think most people have fell for someone who they know will deeply hurt them. Then they walk away angry at themselves for taking the chance, and putting themselves in such a vulnerable position

Relationships never come with a guarantee, so in the end you have to decide who is worth suffering for and who isn't. Who is worth your tears, and who isn't

To be honest, I'd feel less hurt if a guy hurt me after knowing his potential, because then I'd be able to take resonsibility for my own pain and actions. That's easier to move on from , than being hurt by someone who you thought would never hurt you.