What does it mean when a guy friend kisses you on the lips?

The other night I was out with a bunch of my friends (guys and girls) and we were drinking together. When it came time for me to leave, I went to the door and one of my guy friends came with me to lock the door behind me. He thanked me for coming, and asked if I'd had a good time. Then he gave me a really nice, tight hug, looked at me for a second and kissed me on the lips. He has a girl that he is 'seeing' semi-seriously, and nothing like this has ever happened before. What does it mean?

Most Helpful Guy

• Could mean anything, thankyou kiss, is he like this with other people, or just you and his girlfriend. Was their any flirting or tension leading up to said kiss. Geez seriusly messin with your mind isn't he now you will be thinking about it for ages...

What Guys Said 2

• Depends, although coming from a guy I'm doubtful it is less than something of interest. I have girl-friends who are from Latin countries who kiss me goodbye every time I see them, this in front of their husbands and my wife. Yet with alcohol involved, and the way you describe it, I would say there is interest in you.

• It means you need to be slapped for asking this. It's exactly what you think it means. Guys don't kiss girls on the lips for no reason at all.

What Girls Said 2

• It means he's obviously attracted to you. It could have just been a random hookup, or it means he wants something more. Only time will tell which one it was

• Well I've been kissed on the lips by a guy friend and guys don't tend to kiss a girl on the lips for no good reason. But it could have been a thank U kiss, well U said that he has a girlfriend and guys tend to like a stress free relationship so I doubt that he would want to put his relationship on the line like that unless he likes U a lot.