Why is it easier to ask out a stranger than a friend?

0|0
2|4

Most Helpful Guy

• Because it won't matter in the long run if it goes wrong. If you mess up/break up with a freind then that friendship is permanently affected. I messed up by asking out one of my female freinds and after a year we are still not the same.

1|0
    0|0
    • If said friend was interested too, by asking out someone else you've lost them away ways?

• Show All
    • If that freind has a crush on you and you know it why not date they? Yea asking out a stranger when you know your freind has a crush on you will hurt them.

• Thanks for hmg

What Guys Said 3

• You have a completely clean slate with a stranger. The worst thing that happens is they go to their friends and say "I was at the coffee shop today and this cute guy asked me out." With a friend, there's the obvious worry that you might ruin the friendship or make things awkward.

You have a lot more to overanalyze too. They know your good and bad qualities and you worry that they'll be more concerned about the bad ones.

1|0
    0|0
    • If said friend was interested too, by asking out someone else you've lost them away ways?

• Well, that's because there are no feelings, attachment involved with a stranger, so even if things don't work out well, the other person won't be hurt or offended.

1|0
    0|0
  • less fallout if things go wrong

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• There's less chance of awkwardness between you - if you and a stranger don't get along or they reject you, so what? You'll probably never see them again. If your friend rejects you, then you have to get over it or you lose your relationship and lose someone important to you. And even if your relationship does continue, it can be extremely uncomfortable knowing someone is interested in you if you don't feel the same.

1|1
    0|0

• Because you feel less awkward? Does he/she say no, no pressure, you weren't close anyway, nothing to lose, right?

0|0
    0|0