My long term boyfriend asked for a break and I felt relieved?

So, my boyfriend of 4 years asked for a 30-day break. He said that this period will be the time for us to assess our problems and find possible solutions. Although he did mention that we can date other people and if we don't look for each other's company by the end of this period, then that marks the end of our relationship.

Surprisingly, I felt relieved that he asked for the break. It's been two weeks now and I'm doing fine without him and he looks like he's doing okay, too. Although he seems a bit wary since he impulsively asked me if I wanted out. I didn't answer him yet. I'm just confused about what I'm feeling. I was expecting to feel sad and needy but that obviously didn't happen. I also feel like I don't want to get back in the relationship. Have you guys experienced something like this before?

Most Helpful Girl

• Look if you don't love him than let him go! But individual need breaks from their partners its natural! lol

What Guys Said 4

• That is good that you feel relieved. I mean it's his fault if you decide not to be with him. Maybe he was testing you out to see if you would be sad and chase him. Its good you both are doing fine. If you don't end up being with him it's fault. He has himself to blame for the break up.

• it could be possible that you need some space of your own and this dosen't mean that your not happy or interested in this relationship, but from what im getting is you dont have any current feelings for him anymore, you should tell him that you dont wanted out and you like the break between us.

• You're relieved because honestly you don't want the relationship to continue

What Girls Said 1

• I have. I was surprised by my own reaction. Don't get back with him.