Is less than a month too soon to say 'I love you?

I've been dating a real nice guy for just over a month. We became exclusive about 2/3 weeks ago. He said fairly early on he wanted to be more than friends. Things have escalated quickly but it feels right.
He recently told me he loved him. I haven't said it back as I don't want to say it until I definitely know I feel it. My last relationship was a toxic one and I'm worried that he could be saying this to suck me in. I don't think he is at all like my last partner but am worried.
So is it too soon or am I looking into too much. He says he wears his heart on his sleeve and says how he feels.

Most Helpful Guy

• I would love a older lady to tell me that

Most Helpful Girl

• Id say youve got a green light to say it, just dont force it if it doesn't come naturally. And dont underestimate ones ability to hide things about themselves. doesn't sound like he is.. but that being said.. life is a decieving thing.

What Guys Said 2

• Always be willing to express you love and admiration but expect more then the other person is willing to give. In other words, put yourself out there but be aware that what you expect may not be what you receive...

• I just want to ask you why you think he is nice guy to you?

What Girls Said 3

• when ever your ready!

• I don't think it's too early. Whatever feels right

• You could have love for some one or you could be in love with someone.

• Also there is no time line of love, so if you feel you are in love with him then express that to him.