We talk everyday but we're not together. We're something, yet we're nothing?

Two and a half years ago we met through a mutual friend. We hit it off straight away. We lived in different states. We still do. In the first year we spoke once a week and as the year went on that increased to 2-3 times a week. We'd speak for minimum an hour each time. In the second year, it became everyday. The shortest conversation being an hour, the longest 4 hours. We'd watch movies together, youtube clips, laugh and talk the whole way through - sounds corny but it happened. After a 18 months of not seeing one another, he came to visit for a weekend. We had the best time. We spoke about our mutual feelings for one another but agreed, timing right now wasn't right. He has a job that enables him to travel and I'm still studying. We decided to keep things going how they are, we were happy and the rule was, if someone met another person or our feelings changed - we'd raise it with one another. So things continued on the same, I saw him again a few months later 11/2015 and everything was perfect. By January we were speaking less, we both were really busy with work and i didn't pay much attention to it. I went on a holiday and with time difference we spoke even less...03/2016 I asked him when he would visit again and he said 'I can't'... he said he was too busy but I feel its more than that. We speak less, but if it were up to me we'd still speak everyday. He doesn't ever invite me to visit and when I asked, he said he was busy. I want him to visit me and he said he can't because he's too busy. Is he really that busy or is it just getting too hard? Does he still feel the same but pushing me away because he can't give me what I want? My heart feels like its shattering.

What Guys Said 1

• Unfortunately, these are clear signs of him losing interest. Distance is almost always a major spoilsport. :(

What Girls Said 1

• He is no longer interested.