What's the Point of Marriage Nowadays?

Couples are moving in together and having sex before marriage. So what's the point?

Most Helpful Girl

• Nowadays a lot of women are whoring themselves out and having sex before marriage. The media glamorizes teen moms and single motherhood. If I was a guy I wouldn't see any point in getting married either.

• Good to see another girl joining men in the oppression of females embracing the sexuality that they definitely have versus denying that they, as human beings, have a libido as well.

What Girls Said 4

• Committing to sharing rhe rest of your life with someone. Saying for bettee or worse, you're going in eyes wide open and promising to be there for each other.

Even in the old days, moving in and having sex took place in one night. It wasn't what made marriage special. It's a bond between a man and a woman

• It's a religious and family thing for me. By marrying him I say before everyone including god I'll stay by your side forever.

• why would you buy a cow if you get the milk for free?

• They were doing that 40 years ago too and yet people still got married back then. Im not seeing your point...

• not in the 1800s

• @sparkly-crystal Which wasn't 40 years ago now was it...

• when did say I'm talking about what happened 40 years ago?

What Guys Said 4

• There is no point!!. It's just a stupid custom.

• its true its losing its sacred title.

just a reminder, you live with the chick for 2 years and you may lose half of your shit anyways

if you suspect she's very materialistic, dont let her move in with you

• Marriage is pointless. It's a legal bound to another human. I want to he my own person.

• Because you're making a commitment that transcends sex and living arrangements. Marriage is so much more than those things!