How do I get used to being in a relationship again?

I was in a relationship from age 13-19. It ended and I allowed myself 3 years to grow and learn who I am. I currently entered into another relationship and I'm having a hard time adjusting to being in a relationship. Like kissing and saying babe and everything. I think I've gotten used to being alone and doing things alone too. Any advice?

Most Helpful Girl

• I am in almost the same situation as you. Except I'm still flirting with my guy. My last relationship was quite abusive so getting used to a guy treating me the way he does takes some getting used to. But for me what I have been trying to do is if he opens the door I always say thank you and stuff ( out of habit I end up opening my own door) but little things that my ex never did and that I've gotten used to do am doing myself a hard to learn how to let someone in again. But with kissing and all that stuff it is hard but the more the relationship grows and progresses it will get easier. Some of what I do with him is ask him if he wants to go run errands with me not very exciting or anything but he will know you want time with him. You will learn you can trust him ( or not) and then once your there you can be on that level easier. Hope I helped a little bit. Good luck : )

What Guys Said 2

• You are still very young and so it will take time for you to get used to these things.

• Try Youtube.

What Girls Said 5

• Relax
    Be your self

• ME TOO! I am so happy alone sometimes lol

• lol you don't have to say babe and you don't have to kiss him everywhere. If your not comfortable kissing in public then its totally fine or if its the fact about not being comfortable in kissing at all then give it some time, you'll get used to it. Unless if he isn't a good kisser...

• My advice is not to force it. Let things happen as slowly or quickly as you feel it.

• Relationships in such a young age, well I don't want to criticize you as a human being but I doubt a relationship so young has any relationship (excuse the pun) to what a mature understanding is between a man and a woman. If you have a hard time adjusting to being in a relationship, then you're not in a relationship. Only an association. My advice stop thinking you're in a relationship and act accordingly. Do not try to force a round peg in a square hole. Be yourself