Am I wasting my time on this crush?

Am I wasting my time on this crush?

I'm probably over-analyzing the situation. I noticed whenever I talked, this guy stared at me, not in a mean way. There was a period of time where him and I kept looking at each other and smiling..
I sat across from him at a table. He said he had long arms, and I said I did too. Then he reached across the table and put his hand on my shoulder, claiming that his arms were longer. I put my hand on his shoulder, and claimed that mine were longer. Was that flirting? Eleven days later, I texted him:

Me: is this Jake?
Him: Maybe, who's asking?
Me: Ashley!! Haha.
Him: okkkkkkk and what do u want?
Him (again): okkkkkkk and what do u want?
Me: I guess wanted I to say hi?
Him: Ok?
Me: I m glad you're not some sort of creep.
Him: K.

I was sorta hurt by him responding so coldly. But he apologized later.

Him (later): Sorry if i sounded like a jerk it s just i get super defensive when people i dont know text me cuz ik my friends have given my number to random people so its like who are you what do you want.

Me: I should've asked you for your number instead of asking my friend for it. But you seemed really cool and I was nervous... so yeah.

Then we texted for a couple hours and he responded really quickly, like within seconds. Whenever I see him, he usually looks a little nervous. I've seen him stare at me for awhile and runs his hands through his hair. He's very shy when I try to talk to him.

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• It is Definitely "He said, She said," here, dear, and Not "Let's hang out."
    Next time you Text, Take the Initiative with the Shy Guy and Suggest this.
    Yes, he Likes you or he would not make the effort to even Push one Boyish Button.
    Good luck. xx

What Guys Said 6

• no i dont think you are wasting your time. here a reason why he gets nervous and quiet around you. if you can get him to open up and relax around you then there's a good chance it will go the way you are hoping

• Sounds like you creeper him out. You basically hijacked his number and texted him, anyone would be creeped.
    Just concentrate on being friends for now so he doesn't feel as if you're a stalker.

• Shy guys aren't worth your time

• maybe he likes you, that's hard to determine.. maybe ask him if he likes you?

• From what I can tell it sounds like he is quite shy and maybe likes you. I'd suggest asking him who he likes.

• Well, a girl that texted me out of the blue - I would think I would be getting lucky some weekends later

What Girls Said 2

• No you're not. You're in the process of knowing each other! Keep it up

• He's not that into you.