Girls, How important is a guy's job?

When you're dating a new guy, how important does his job (and income level) have to be in order to qualify to be your boyfriend?

i ask because when I'm not in the work force, or working a shitty transition job, I'm too self conscious about telling a girl the truth. Especially if she has a way better job than I.

14

Most Helpful Girl

• To be honest, a guys job isn't something that even crosses my mind when I think of what I look for in a potential boyfriend/husband

I tend to look beyond that and concentrate on his personality traits. He could have a high powered job or be very wealthy, but that doesn't necessarily make him relationship material.

• That's good to know. I'm starting to wonder if I'm just overthinking this.,

• It's so easy to overthink things, but to be fair to you ... some girls do care about what job a guy has , but not all of us do. I honestly don't care what job a guy has.

Tell the truth and you you'll attract the right kind of girl. Lie and you will attract the wrong type of girl

• Thanks for the MHO

What Girls Said 13

• Idc ill always work anyway. Pull my own weight and would to everything to help him if he needed. Money doesn't define sht in my book. Unless he has no will and doesn't do anything ever. Then id start to question and hav a talk. But if your working who cares what job you have. Im a pretty casual person, rarely spend or feel the need to spend money so as long as he's not gambling or spending money above his means then i could care less. I love him. Makes no difference.

• I would say after a certain age, I would expect him to have an "adult" job. Like, something that probably requires an education, has benefits, he means to make a career out of, etc. I would say that age would be approximately 27-30.

If he's at a hard place in life where he has a crappy job, that he knows is just temporary, then that's fine.

• When I was dating, it wasn't super important to me. However, when I met my husband and he had a pretty good job, that impressed me. Also since I am a waitress (I do make a lot of money, but there is a certain level of inconsistency) it is nice that I married someone with a decent salary because it makes raising a family much easier and I find that I enjoy my job more when I am not depending a lot on how much I make each shift.

• I don't care what he does as long as he likes his job. It's okay even if he is working his way up to a job he wants. I can't stand people that are in a job they hate.

• Not important. As long as he isn't a lazy mooch it doesn't matter what he does for a living.

• In all honesty I would say yeah it matters. Maybe when you have ur life in better order I would look for someone. Hate to sound superficial but if she has a job so should you. Unless she is super nice then she's an angel

• I like brutal honesty. But it's not that I don't have a job, because I do. However it is a safety net job that I took immediately after I got fired from my job I education and skills required. I will continue to work it until I get a better job. Will this still inhibit my success in dating, say so, eons like you?

• *someone like you

• No it wouldn't. I would be interested. As long as you have plans to better yourself I'd be on board.

• i dont care much. if he has a job then I'm fine with that.

• Just enough, to pay the bills, food and have a good time. I am not looking for a rich guy but one who has a stable income to take care of us both.

• It's pretty important. I want my guy or husband to have a good job. It shows that he is successful which is what I'm looking for in a guy. A good job also shows that he is ambitious and intelligent. I want someone who is talented and who can make the most out of his life. I would be turned off if the guy had the opportunity to have a good career (by good career I mean high status, pays well, and requests a college degree) and he chose to be a chauffeur or a security guard instead.

• as long as he have a job it's good. I don't care what it do really

• It was never important to me until I tried dating a guy who was broke as an adult. I didn't mind paying for all of our dates, but the haphazardness of his lifestyle was hard.

His car was broken down or out of gas a lot, so I had to do a disproportionate amount of picking him up. He was out of phone minutes all the time, so it was super hard to communicate. He'd randomly show up three hours late or miss dates because of car issues and without calling, etc. He kept moving in with different people, so if we didn't go out, he'd just come to my house and I'd have to cook for him and do all the dishes, which got old. Then he tried moving in with me after dating for under a month. Too much.

My point. The money itself isn't so important, but being broke can make it hard to work things out.

• Sounds like a mess. Well I'm not that bad. I have reliable transportation and I have enough money for necessities and leisure.

• You should be ok, then. The bonus is finding a girl who is good to you while you're down adds some extra security to your piece of mind.

• Not important at all but then again I am pretty liberal. I would just want a guy who loves what he does do and is passionate about it. If he has expensive taste he should be able to afford it but honestly expensive taste or hobbies would kind of be a turn off for me. I like super simple.

• I don't care about what job he has.