Is it normal not to make any physical contact by date number 3?

There's a guy I have been on a few dates with and I think he likes me. The asking works both ways, sometimes he asks me out, other times I've asked him. He's never said no when I've asked, like if he's busy we always find a time that works for the both of us. We get along great.

The only thing that confuses me is he doesn't really initiate any physical contact. On our last two dates I had to ask for a hug at the end. If I do something to make physical contact like touching knees or shoulders when sitting down he doesn't move away, but he also never makes the first move. When we walk somewhere together I purposely brush my hand against his as a hint but he doesn't seem to get it. He's quite shy, so could it just be that? Should I just wait for him to make some kind of move or should I just be blunt and ask about how he feels?

Most Helpful Guy

• He's just nervous, he's taking it slow and that is a very good thing

Most Helpful Girl

• See women always think of domenant dudes that come onto you like they own you. And sure there's a certain side i hav seen and admired even.. But for some reason big muscles and egos kind of deter me. (Despit my own) I mind my business 99% of the time and aviod it as much as possible because i hate rejecting guys, I've gone along and made mistakes sure. But the quiet softer guys (only 2 of which I've ever thot i loved or love) are just dreamy. And as far as touching goes.. i perfer initiating contact, its not about power or control, i just want to find my way. Guys who Initiate contact quickly or play their games I've gone along with are either ok guys or not so cool guys and i loose interest for them naturally when they dont give me the chance or to make my own moves. i dont know. I feel so weird about it. I know its in many males nature to be forward and demanding and I've gone with it before but i hate it at the same time. Then you have hesitant quiet guys they drive you crazy. But there's nothing wrong with shy guys, honestly theyve a special nature of their own in some cases. Something youve to make sure you dont take for granted. Well. Thats all I've to say.

What Guys Said 2

What Girls Said 1

• I only have sex in committed relationships. If we are not exclusive I'm not giving him sex