Is it normal that I lose interest so quick?

If I have an interest in a guy I usually lose it after a week or something, even if he's interested in me too. Same thing is if I date someone, I kind of lose that interest after a couple of weeks.. Then whenever I have to fight for what we have I'm just like whatever. It's so sad!! I feel like I'm gonna end up forever alone. I was super interested in a guy who was interested in me but I suddenly just lost it! I'm not interested at all. I'm not lesbian I just don't know what is wrong.

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• It sounds like you like the adrenaline rush of a new relationship. Early in the relationship of believe the primary brain chemical is adrenaline. But the body can't sustain that state of being long term, so then it switches to something else. I forget which chemical. But when that happens it doesn't mean you have lost interest, just that things are progressing.

Try to get clear on what qualities are important to you on a man. Then try dating that man for as long as he fulfills your relationship needs (and try to let go of needing it to feel wonderful all the time). Give the love a chance to grow.

What Guys Said 1

• You probably have really high standards for a partner, so you lose interest when he does something which makes you realise he doesn't meet those standards. . Just keep looking until you find that person.

What Girls Said 3

• Maybe they aren't your type and you realised that earlier before going too deep. Consider yourself lucky.

• I'm sure you won't end up alone, don't blame yourself if you loose feelings for the guys you've dated. If you don't feel that special something, then you don't, nothing to beat yourself up over. If you keep looking you'll be able to find someone great, take care!

• Same here... I can honestly say it's the challenge that keeps me doing that. I like the beginning of getting to know someone then I loose interest once they become really interested. It is the thrill of finding a guy to match us then we look for anything to be wrong to walk away which is not good. I'm working on not giving up on interests