Why do you think that teenage relationships don't last that long?

All around school you could easily see relationships. Most high school relationships that I see only last around a few months. Like one minute they are both in love with each other and they're posting pictures of each other all over social media. Then the next day they will break up and delete all those pictures. I'm 15 and never dated anyone, but if I did I would want to be with someone who I could stay with forever. Do you think this is more of an issue of age, or maturity? or both? Why do you think this happens?

Most Helpful Girl

• Immaturity and not really ready to handle a relationship.
    That being said, I know a couple that has been dating since freshman year of high school and are graduating college and are still together. It's not impossible, but jut very unlikely.

Most Helpful Guy

• 'immaturity'! Enough said!

What Girls Said 2

• My teenage relationship's lasted for four years :P I guess most of them fail though because of maturity. A lot of people aren't ready to share that amount of time and the emotions together, I guess?

• because infatuation fades... and teenagers grow up. There is more too it though.

What Guys Said 0