Guys please clarify the need or feeling to protect?

My boyfriend and i recently had an argument when it was resolved he said to me "he wants to love me care for me and protect me" is that how guys feel about someone they love? The love and care bit i get but the protection part why does he feel that?

Most Helpful Guy

• He loves you and doesn't want anyone or thing to hurt you. So he wants to protect you. I'm very protecting of those I love. Think of it this way. You have a pet kitten. It's so cute and you love it. Then if you ever can't find it, you worry something may have happened to it so you find it and hold it close. Lots of things could hurt or worse to your little kitten. So you protect it cuz you love it

What Guys Said 2

• Of course, that's quite normal of a guy to feel protective towards their girlfriend. Isn't it good if your boyfriend cares for you, loves you and is also protective towards you?

Why he feels like that is because he loves you, he doesn't want anything to hurt you and he is very sensitive towards your feelings.

• I must have just been with assholes in the past or they have never mentioned this without sounding like a hero. It is good 😀

• What would you do if some bimbo tries to hit your guy physically in the face would you protect him?

What Girls Said 3

• Because he loves you and doesn't want anything bad to happen to you. I think it's sweet. Do you have an issue with him saying that?

• No i think it's really sweet also but i have never had that said to me. Im normally the more dominant one in a relationship bit this one I'm not which I'm loving 💘

• Maybe they don't want to lose us. That would be sweet.

• Wow I can't believe you are 36 asking this. ...

• I guess I wasn't thinking about the deeper intention behind it and more like protection from what? I have done fine so far