Should I believe her?

I met a girl on a dating site. We've talked all day Tuesday. I got her number yesterday. We've been texting each other a lot. We are suppose to go on a date this Sunday. She said she's nervous and was thinking of cancelling but she said she's going to buck up. I told her I had a crush on her and she said she had one on me and left this emot 🙈. Should I believe her that she does in deed have a crush on me? I know she's been talking to other guys cause she's online when she's texting me. She can do what she wants. We are dating. I don't know if I should believe her that she's going to go through with the date. What should I do? I want to believe her but I've been blown off way too many times by other girls.

Most Helpful Girl

• You should definitely give her a chance! Set up the date, and see how it goes. If she is a no-show, then you'll know she's not the girl for you and you. Chances are she's on the other end thinking similar thoughts as you.. "what if he doesn't go through with it", "should I believe him". Don't forget that the nerves go both ways.

Most Helpful Guy

• Anon,

Lauren's point is exactly right. Dating is exciting and also nerve wracking for most women. Speaking from a TON of experience, the best thing you can do is to unhook yourself from any outcome.

The neediness you might feel or show comes from worrying. I used to do that and analyze every little detail of interactions with women to "find out what it means." There's something about this kind of negative energy that seems to always hurt things.

So, to unhook yourself from any outcome, don't focus on her so much, get interested in other women on the site, and just stay busy with your life. All women need space in the beginning to feel comfortable and for any attraction to grow. Of course, once she starts liking you, things can move along FAST.

Good luck, man!

• That actually makes a ton of sense. Thank you for that answer

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 3

• It sort of defeats the point of going on dating sites if you don't intend to date for fear of being blown off again. I wouldn't worry either way if she has a crush or not since that's a pretty vague notion at best. Check it out, hope that she has the nerve and find out as you go. If she chickens out, try not to take it personally. After all, you entertained the thought of backing out too.

• You can try and give her a chance and see how it goes.

• Just be positive and see if she shows up.